Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#17,442 ·
#17,443 ·
Wow - I would have Had it rebuilt one for that amount
Not in San Diego you wouldn't. Lowest quote for a vehicle drop-off rebuild was over $2500 (without certain hard parts), lowest cost to get a rebuilt unit shipped was $1900 (after core return) without installation and I don't have the time/space/setup to swap a tranny.

But everyone's concern for my money is appreciated. :D

Frankly, I am money ahead having pro's do certain tasks when compared to what it costs me from a time/opportunity/frustration standpoint ($400 to swap transmissions for example), and this whole event has reinforced that for transmissions, at least for me.

#17,444 ·
Son-of-Beast said:
Not in San Diego you wouldn't. Lowest quote for a vehicle drop-off rebuild was over $2500 (without certain hard parts), lowest cost to get a rebuilt unit shipped was $1900 (after core return) without installation and I don't have the time/space/setup to swap a tranny.

But everyone's concern for my money is appreciated. :D

Frankly, I am money ahead having pro's do certain tasks when compared to what it costs me from a time/opportunity/frustration standpoint ($400 to swap transmissions for example), and this whole event has reinforced that for transmissions, at least for me.
That was my point IMO you were halfway their for 1300 and have a new rebuild unit - as long as the shop gives u a warranty then no biggie I guess.

As long as u had the cash too tho

#17,445 ·
MyZJ98 said:
Ok thanks, glad I didn't cut it off then, thought it was maybe just a resonator or something, lol. I always thought though the 4.7s exhaust was 2.5 all the way through? It's definitely only 2.25 out of that cat/into muffler...
Not sure. I cut off the muffler like you, didn't measure the diameter though. It sounds awesome, am I right? I love it, way louder than a fm40 or something.

But I was warned that the lack of back pressure will burn up the valves. Haven't researched to confirm, so of anyone knows if that's true, please let us know.

#17,447 ·
That's a good price for the rola! I just checked the the price for it on amazon yesterday and I think it was 160 or 170? Might have to go ahead and order one in case the price is going to go back up.
yea it was more expensive before i know. ive been debating getting it for a while and i opened it up to show the girlfriend and seen it was at a lower price so i jumped on it

#17,448 ·
#17,455 ·
Try 36 gal of diesel.

Or even worse, the 225gal (and that was @ 5 bucks a gallon when prices were really up there) I used to put in my Volvo Tractor before I entered the Air Force.
Would have thrown up when I got that bill.haha

#17,457 ·
Not sure. I cut off the muffler like you, didn't measure the diameter though. It sounds awesome, am I right? I love it, way louder than a fm40 or something.

But I was warned that the lack of back pressure will burn up the valves. Haven't researched to confirm, so of anyone knows if that's true, please let us know.
I've had my muffler off since I bought it basically and you are the only person who I have heard say that. Im not really sure why it would burn up the valves? It doesnt drop that much pressure. The exhaust is still going through 3 damn cats.

But I know Im never going to put a muffler back on it. It just sounds to damn good. Right now it just dumps under the car, but I will be extending the stock tail pipe to fit the gap of the muffler. That should raise back pressure a little bit.

Ive never really heard on any car that cutting the muffler off would burn up the valves. But if there is some proof or something then I would believe it!

#17,458 ·
pinky2252s said:
I've had my muffler off since I bought it basically and you are the only person who I have heard say that. Im not really sure why it would burn up the valves? It doesnt drop that much pressure. The exhaust is still going through 3 damn cats.

But I know Im never going to put a muffler back on it. It just sounds to damn good. Right now it just dumps under the car, but I will be extending the stock tail pipe to fit the gap of the muffler. That should raise back pressure a little bit.

Ive never really heard on any car that cutting the muffler off would burn up the valves. But if there is some proof or something then I would believe it!
Well Im going to trust a fellow member who has done it, over some words through the grape vine that were given to me. I agree that it sounds amazing and the last thing I want to do is throw something on to quiet it down

#17,459 ·
Bought it!! :cheers2: 2001 Larado Select-trac 4.0 Stock

Still have my 93 Explorer 4x4 and so very glad that with this purchase i could find as good of a knowledge base that I have enjoyed with the explorerforum site.

Really liking the purchase so far. Except that a chain smoker owned it before me. :(

#17,460 ·
Well Im going to trust a fellow member who has done it, over some words through the grape vine that were given to me. I agree that it sounds amazing and the last thing I want to do is throw something on to quiet it down
They let you get away with that in the Communist Republic of California? :rofl:

Joking aside, I'm suprised that it passes emissions without a muffler.