Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#1,527 ·
Never hook up a tow strap like that. Hooking to both tow hooks puts a lateral force on them. They are designed to be pulled straight on.
Was the tow strap tied to the YJ? I need to watch that video again as that tow strap may have had metal hooks on it

** EDIT ** I swear, I think that tow strap had metal hooks on it........ That entire video needs to go to the Fail thread!!

#1,528 ·
Was the tow strap tied to the YJ? I need to watch that video again as that tow strap may have had metal hooks on it

** EDIT ** I swear, I think that tow strap had metal hooks on it........ That entire video needs to go to the Fail thread!!
yeah, should have just looped it to the hitch of your jeep (if ya have one) and to his tow point. Anyway heres a pic of today.

#1,529 ·
everyone has to learn sometime. I'm sure if he was in a really hairy situation then someone with some know-how would have been there, but a little pull in a lowes parking lot..... i think he deserves schooling and not flaming.

#1,531 ·
huntandfish said:
everyone has to learn sometime. I'm sure if he was in a really hairy situation then someone with some know-how would have been there, but a little pull in a lowes parking lot..... i think he deserves schooling and not flaming.
I would agree.......maybe he didn't think that far into based on the fact that it was a parking lot and not a "serious" situation. Hell I bet my g/f maxima could of pulled him out....lol

#1,532 ·
Never hook up a tow strap like that. Hooking to both tow hooks puts a lateral force on them. They are designed to be pulled straight on.
truthfully it was my first time pulling somebody out...but for future reference your telling my to just put the strap on one of the tow hooks?

yes the tow strap was tied to the YJ as i said it was my first time.. and yes they do have metal hooks and i do know how dangerous they are .. plus to add to the fact of them being dangerous i got it at walmart :rofl:

but i wasn't to concerned of the strap breaking since i didnt yank him out.. he wasnt stuck stuck he just needed a little support

#1,533 ·
:2thumbsup:
truthfully it was my first time pulling somebody out...but for future reference your telling my to just put the strap on one of the tow hooks?

yes the tow strap was tied to the YJ as i said it was my first time.. and yes they do have metal hooks and i do know how dangerous they are .. plus to add to the fact of them being dangerous i got it at walmart :rofl:

but i wasn't to concerned of the strap breaking since i didnt yank him out.. he wasnt stuck stuck he just needed a little support
Well the important thing is tha you did a fellow jeeper a favor so i give ya a :2thumbsup:

#1,535 ·
yeah, should have just looped it to the hitch of your jeep (if ya have one) and to his tow point.
yeah i do have a hitch with a shackle on the receiver

i would have used that but a cop showed up so i was just trying to get him out as quick as possible

the cop was nice .. we told him that we were just testing out his new tires and he just said ok just don't make too much of a scene

I would agree.......maybe he didn't think that far into based on the fact that it was a parking lot and not a "serious" situation. Hell I bet my g/f maxima could of pulled him out....lol
yeah like i said it was a quick hook up just to get him out i didnt give much gas so im sure a car could off pulled him out as well :laugh:

#1,536 ·
:2thumbsup:

Well the important thing is tha you did a fellow jeeper a favor so i give ya a :2thumbsup:
thank you .. im always willing to help somebody out.. but i have learn i needed better straps (with no hooks)

#1,537 ·
thanks you always gotta learn from your mistakes.. and yeah if it was a bad situation i know somebody with better straps .. and he was the on who actually hooked up the straps :laugh:

#1,539 ·

It did have tow hooks. And with something like that where you are doing a steady pull, and not jerking, I wouldn't have an issue using one with hooks. It is where you're jerking/pulling hard that I would avoid using them.

#1,540 ·
if theres a farm and fleet or other tractor supply around you they will have some good ones. some heavy duty ones for tractors!
theres a tractor supply near me and i was looking at there straps last week ..but now im looking into the strap rough country just brought out ..just not sure about the quality