Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What determined if your jeep came with a d35 or a d44a?

1K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  steve_80 
#1 ·
I have the factory tow package, 4.7 and i have a 35 in the rear. You'd think it should have come with a 44.

#3 ·
I'd bet that if you look up the build sheet for your WJ you'll find that indeed it did ship with a 44a in the back. :( Most likely is that something failed in the original rear and a previous owner just installed a junkyard rearend with the same gear ratio. Perhaps they got a deal on a D35...

#6 ·
Yeah my dad ordered it. He wanted the 242/v8 combo in steel blue with a taupe interior which wasn't common. He had to wait for it to be built.

I have every document and receipt on the jeep. We talk cars constantly. He would have mentioned if the entire rear end was downgraded.

I'll take a pic.

#12 ·
thecause17 said:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe a 4.0 also got the 44a if it had Quadradrive, but otherwise the V8 had a 44a standard.
an easy way to tell would be to go online to a mopar site and see if a variloc is available for a 35.

Edit. Just looked. And from what I found the variloc on the rear is only available for the 44a.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.