What bigger tire can I run on factory lift with the 235/65/17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What bigger tire can I run on factory lift with the 235/65/17

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-26-2013, 08:18 PM   #1
jnsnams
2001 WJ 

What bigger tire can I run on factory lift with the 235/65/17

As the title says what bigger tire can I run with the factory 17s? They have the 235/65/17.. What can I do bigger without a lot of rub... ?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using JeepForum

jnsnams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 08:54 PM   #2
lvngtheJEEPlife
2001 WJ 

With minimal trimming 245/70/17 i believe. I think thats also the biggest you can fit in the spare well. With trimming front fascia you can go slightly higher but no wheeling. Some people will say otherwise saying they can fit 245/75/17 with no lift and no trimming but that is off their word and doesnt seem to be accurate in every case.. Dunno the cause. Cheap way to fit bigger tires is a BB. $80 ish and you can fit bigger and it looks better IMO.
Unread 04-26-2013, 09:10 PM   #3
jnsnams
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvngtheJEEPlife
With minimal trimming 245/70/17 i believe. I think thats also the biggest you can fit in the spare well. With trimming front fascia you can go slightly higher but no wheeling. Some people will say otherwise saying they can fit 245/75/17 with no lift and no trimming but that is off their word and doesnt seem to be accurate in every case.. Dunno the cause. Cheap way to fit bigger tires is a BB. $80 ish and you can fit bigger and it looks better IMO.
I plan on a 4in coming up.. Just buying this jeep and all 4 are like 10 percent... No good...lol... And I can get used set 5-6 10ths for 80 bucks here....so I figured I would look and see what size.. Lol...

Unread 04-26-2013, 09:12 PM   #4
jnsnams
2001 WJ 

A 245/70/17 is 30.50 round.. That's it right there... The 245/75/17 is 31.50.. No way under a factory lift..

Unread 04-26-2013, 10:38 PM   #5
robertneville

Agree, 30s are as big as you can go, plus as someone already pointed out you can't fit a spare over 30.6 inches in the well.

/robt
robertneville is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 11:04 PM   #6
SteelBlue_WJ
Web Wheeler

spares in spare tire wells are over rated!

2001 Steel Blue WJ Laredo SA 4x4, 3.5" lift, Apperance Package with factory Laredo Steel Blue cladding/leather
Conferr Roof Basket with custom Randy Ellis Design light cage, WAAG grille guard and Hella lots of 500 lights

2004 Wrangler Sport, 2.5" and 31's, nothing special

"For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.' "
John Greenleaf Whittier
SteelBlue_WJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 11:13 PM   #7
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Had a ZJ before the WJ... having the spare in the cargo compartment was a giant PITA. Half the time I didn't even carry it because it took up too much of the cargo room. So yes, having the spare in the spare well is important for some.
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 11:27 PM   #8
PowderHound
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
Had a ZJ before the WJ... having the spare in the cargo compartment was a giant PITA. Half the time I didn't even carry it because it took up too much of the cargo room. So yes, having the spare in the spare well is important for some.
X2. A big mud tire was always in the way in my XJ. It's nice to have it protected from the elements too, instead of it being underneath the vehicle like my old S-10. Once the dub is less of a daily driver i'll go up in tire size, regear the axles and build a swing out tire carrier or a hitch mounted one.
2003 WJ♦Inferno Red Limited(4.7 H.O., Vari-Lok axles)♦OME HD/BILLY 5100S♦IRO t-case skid, adj. tb, sway links♦Moog SS♦Factory tow package w/harness & tow hooks♦ Amp/12 sub box♦new bad b**ch passenger♦1993 XJ country♦lift/muds/winchbumper-sold♦build thread instead of long A$$ sig soon...
PowderHound is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.