Wet floorboard - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Wet floorboard

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 03-13-2014, 09:11 PM   #16
JeepNowski
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkendrick View Post
He has a problem with driver's side. What you are talking about is on passenger side.

Sent from my iPad using electrons
DERP. I totally passed over that most important part of the OP....

Me = dumbarse apparently. LOL because now I re-check the original post and boom there it is, plain as day.....DRIVER SIDE. My bad.

I have never had an issue with water leaking into the driver side floor aside from something outside. Definitely sounds like a leaking seal somewhere.

JeepNowski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2014, 09:19 PM   #17
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNowski View Post
DERP. I totally passed over that most important part of the OP.... Me = dumbarse apparently. LOL because now I re-check the original post and boom there it is, plain as day.....DRIVER SIDE. My bad. I have never had an issue with water leaking into the driver side floor aside from something outside. Definitely sounds like a leaking seal somewhere.
No worries, happens on regular occasion for me :-D

rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2014, 10:20 AM   #18
2000jwj

Yeah that'd probably would be more trouble lol. But if everything else fails may have to try it. There is some runoff dirt stains when I open the door
2000jwj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2014, 07:31 PM   #19
99GCLWJ
1999 WJ 

Lightbulb

Check your door seals! This morning I found ICE on BOTH sides of the seal. Took the seal off and put some black silicone inside it. Hopefully no more leak!
iceicebaby.jpg  
99GCLWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2014, 07:39 PM   #20
js12278
1999 WJ 

Go inside the vehicle and have someone run the hose over the driver's side roof. Water will find the path of least resistance and you will surely see it coming in from somewhere. It could be the doorseal up top is not all the way seated on the body seam. I just went around mine and tapped them all into position.
js12278 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2014, 12:23 AM   #21
2000jwj

The seal at the the top of the door weather strip is what I call it is hanging off every time I get in and shut the door I always have to push it back up into place so cold air doesn't come in
Unread 03-15-2014, 09:05 AM   #22
2000jwj

So I sat in the jeep and had someone take the water hose over the door seals windshield roof rack everything and nothing. Didn't see any water coming in at all
Unread 03-15-2014, 07:30 PM   #23
derekmac

2002 WJ 

I too have been chasing a wet floor on the drivers side, and can not find what is causing it. I've been thinking about adding a drain plug like what the Wranglers have.
Future: 4" lift and lockers

Build thread.
derekmac is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2014, 08:40 PM   #24
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GCLWJ View Post
Check your door seals! This morning I found ICE on BOTH sides of the seal. Took the seal off and put some black silicone inside it. Hopefully no more leak!
That's right where I found a bit of ice in mine. Not as much as yours. I think the ice and snow was blocking, or holding the seal open. Once I removed the ice, no more problem.

rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2014, 12:54 AM   #25
2000jwj

Yeah I'm gonna have to do something. Can't find water coming in anywhere and it's always soaking wet can't get it to dry out
Unread 03-16-2014, 07:11 AM   #26
a77ferrel77
1999 WJ 

Mine would leak in all four door because the door weather stripping had shrunk so there would be a gap in the corner of all the doors. So i took the weather striping off and re glued it back up there with silicone. I now have a 1in gap at the bottom of my door but not at the top but it doesnt leak any more
a77ferrel77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2014, 04:02 PM   #27
2000jwj

See that's how my weather stripping is too with all my doors. But the the only thing coming in is cold air cause the floors aren't wet just the driver side is and when I sprayed it with the hose I didn't see any water coming in from the weather stripping
Unread 03-17-2014, 05:30 AM   #28
derekmac

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by a77ferrel77 View Post
Mine would leak in all four door because the door weather stripping had shrunk so there would be a gap in the corner of all the doors. So i took the weather striping off and re glued it back up there with silicone. I now have a 1in gap at the bottom of my door but not at the top but it doesnt leak any more
I'm going to try this on my drivers side (once it warms up) to see if it helps. I'm constantly having to push the seal back up into place, so I guess water could be coming in there.
Future: 4" lift and lockers

Build thread.
derekmac is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2014, 09:23 AM   #29
a77ferrel77
1999 WJ 

You might also look at you seal coming from you door to the body that encloses the wires if you had to fix those wires at one point and didnt properly put the seal on right it could leak. Also if you have a sun roof make sure its properly close to where it adjusts its self when it closes. I did that one left my sunroof up just a hair to where it didnt adjust itself and it leaked
a77ferrel77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2014, 04:49 PM   #30
2000jwj

Yeah I've had to fix those wires before lol so ill check there. I thought if it was the sunroof my seats would be wet or the console would be?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.