Were to look for vacuum leak? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Were to look for vacuum leak?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-03-2013, 07:48 AM   #1
Jrboarder27
2000 WJ 

So I suspect that I have a vacuum leak on my 2000 4.7 and I plan on getting some propane to help find it. I have what I think are the common symptoms, ( power loss, and rough idling at times) and I can here hissing at times while driving and idling. the problem is I can't hear or find it when i pop the hood, can any one point me in a direction.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using JeepForum

Jrboarder27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2013, 08:38 AM   #2
grussell
2001 WJ 

You could start by checking all of the vacuum lines coming out of the intake manifold and follow the vacuum hoses outward. I would bet that some of the hoses are dry and cracked, especially where thay mate up with a fitting or a T. On my 2001 I found several that were dry rotted and cracked on the end where they mounted on the fittings on the intake manifold.
Unread 10-03-2013, 02:59 PM   #3
swkenobi
2003 WJ 

x2 on checking all the rubber vacuum lines coming out of the intake. There are several places that will be cracked, go to NAPA or whoever and the the 1/4 hose and replace all of them.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.