Vibration at Speed - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Vibration at Speed

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 03-03-2014, 11:27 AM   #1
bobknott
2001 WJ 

Vibration at Speed

Hi All

Driving home tonight I experienced some very noticeable vibration when doing 50mph & above. Below 30mph nothing noticeable. My initial suspicions are wheel balance (ie lost weight) or engine mount. Any other ideas?

bobknott is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2014, 11:58 AM   #2
pat85
2001 WJ 

You could have lost a wheel weight. Check to make sure that your wheels are full of s**t (snow/ice or mud depending on where you are in the world). You could have also broken a belt in one of the tires. That's a little harder to check for if you never seen it before. Look for irregularites in the tread, like a buldge or something of the sort.
Sold: 98 ZJ
pat85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2014, 12:01 PM   #3
grussell
2001 WJ 

I would check your front driveshaft too. I experienced this last weekend and the cv joint at the transfer case was locked up. When I pulled it off I found the boot was torn allowing crap into the inside.
cv.jpg

Unread 03-14-2014, 12:58 PM   #4
bobknott
2001 WJ 

Turned out to be low transmission fluid. She had the crank case seal replaced last year & the garage did a crap job for their 950. Back she goes asap
bobknott is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.