Vibration at Speed - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Vibration at Speed

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 03-03-2014, 12:27 PM   #1
bobknott
2001 WJ 

Vibration at Speed

Hi All

Driving home tonight I experienced some very noticeable vibration when doing 50mph & above. Below 30mph nothing noticeable. My initial suspicions are wheel balance (ie lost weight) or engine mount. Any other ideas?

bobknott is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2014, 12:58 PM   #2
pat85
2001 WJ 

You could have lost a wheel weight. Check to make sure that your wheels are full of s**t (snow/ice or mud depending on where you are in the world). You could have also broken a belt in one of the tires. That's a little harder to check for if you never seen it before. Look for irregularites in the tread, like a buldge or something of the sort.
Sold: 98 ZJ
pat85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2014, 01:01 PM   #3
grussell
2001 WJ 

I would check your front driveshaft too. I experienced this last weekend and the cv joint at the transfer case was locked up. When I pulled it off I found the boot was torn allowing crap into the inside.
cv.jpg

New 4.0 @ 165
grussell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2014, 01:58 PM   #4
bobknott
2001 WJ 

Turned out to be low transmission fluid. She had the crank case seal replaced last year & the garage did a crap job for their 950. Back she goes asap
bobknott is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.