Vibration/Rattling after Bumps - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Vibration/Rattling after Bumps

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*

Unread 07-19-2011, 09:22 AM   #1
bobsullivan3

Wj Vibration/Rattling after Bumps

Hey Guys

I have a 2003 WJ Overland that is all stock and at about 100k miles. For the past few months, it's been making this vibration/rattling type noise from underneath the car after hitting a bump while driving around 20-40 mph. The vibration happens for most bumps for about the first 10 minutes of driving, and then it disappears. Any ideas?

My guess would be that it has something to do with either the transfer case or the axles. Anyone know of any quick tests I could run to try and narrow it down? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

bobsullivan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 02:28 PM   #2
wschilawski
2002 WJ 

Any updates on this?
2 BDS Lift | Spacer | JKS Adj. TrackBar | ProComp Shocks | KOR TB Bushings | KOR SS | IRO Upper/Lower Control Arms | Kenwood eXcelon Head Unit | Sony Speakers | RC 1.5 Wheel Spacers | 255/70/16 General AT2s | Predator Bullbar w/ Fawkes Relocation | Rage Roof Rack | 8,000K HID Conversion | Hella 500FF Lights | K&N FIPK Intake | Titletown Jeepers
wschilawski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 02:32 PM   #3
bobsullivan3

It stopped after I got the exhaust system replaced due to a stolen cat. My guess is it was a hangar on the exhaust pipe that had come loose somewhere along the way and started rattling against the pipe.
bobsullivan3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.