v8 transmission problem (shifts hard) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > v8 transmission problem (shifts hard)

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-06-2013, 04:28 AM   #1
1salem1
2002 WJ 

v8 transmission problem (shifts hard)

Hi guys i have this problem since i came back from travelling 3000 KM and changing my engine oil from 5w30 to 10w30 (the next day i came back) and since then my trans started to shifts hard... Can U help me plz

1salem1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2013, 04:39 AM   #2
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Is it all the time? or when it kicks down? Not sure how the V8's are setup, as I have a 4.0L but mine was missing the white piece that keeps the kickdown cable in place. The result was shifting to hard, or too soft, or not quite shifting up when it should. Once adjusted it, it was fine. Could be other issues, but a place to start.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2013, 05:03 AM   #3
1salem1
2002 WJ 

No it is when i drive normally . when it shifts up or down it shifts hard . but sometimes when it's cold shift normal but thats rarely happens. Could it be something dropped ?? Because lately i have been takeing speed pumbs at high speed and the car hit the ground sometimes hard, i just changed the trans oil and filters before two weaks and when i came back i flushed 1 gallon. Thanks for respons
1salem1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #4
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Well, hitting spped bumbs at high speed can't be doing anything good. I don't know too much about the internals, but it could be the kick back cable is out and is usually the more easier thing to do if it is. When you changed your fluid, how was the old fluid? Red and smelled ok? or did it smell burnt?

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.