Upgrading to heated seats on an '04 Laredo - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Upgrading to heated seats on an '04 Laredo

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-06-2013, 08:30 AM   #1
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Upgrading to heated seats on an '04 Laredo

Had the seats and switches installed for some time now. WJ Jeeps and others that have down this upgrade say that the plugs for the switches are there, I just can't find them!! I've taken the whole center dash out; radio, radio bezel, climate controls, and ashtray/switch bezel. There are no switch plugs for the heated seats that I can see. Does anyone with an '04 Laredo that has done this upgrade know if the switch plugs were there, or, did you have to wire them up? The reason I'm asking is, I had a hell of a time finding the plugs for the auto dimming rear view mirror and the auto headlight sensor in the dash. I wanted to know every place these plugs could be before I give up and wire them in myself. Thanks!

Jerry

Unread 10-06-2013, 08:34 AM   #2
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'm interested to know too. We have a 2004 Laredo as well and I've found some decent seats at the salvage yard (which I didn't buy), and heated seat switches are pretty common out there. If there's a harness for them, it seems like it'd be an easy mod. I'll have to crack open the dash and see if I can find a harness myself
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2013, 08:43 AM   #3
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Let me know what you find, I just checked this morning, and still couldn't find anything! Like I said, I had to ask around and really look around to find the plugs for the auto headlight sensor in the dash and the plug for the auto dimming rear view mirror above the headliner, above the EVIC. Thanks!!

Jerry
Unread 10-06-2013, 09:46 AM   #4
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

When I did the upgrade in my '99 I didn't have to look hard at all for the wiring for the switches. It might not be there.
99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2013, 09:51 AM   #5
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks, that's what I was afraid of, the '04 Laredo's may not be wired. This opens up another question, how far back does this go, just '04's or earlier?

Jerry
Unread 10-06-2013, 01:52 PM   #6
coloradowjowner
2002 WJ 

If you can't find the switch bezel behind the dash. The other option may be installing a three way switch mounted to seat somewhere. I did this to a 97' f150 when I upgraded the seats. Worked well.
coloradowjowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2013, 02:11 PM   #7
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah, true, I could go that route, but, I've got the switches and the bezel, so, I can wire it up, just trying to cut down as much as I can, LOL!

Jerry
Unread 10-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #8
coloradowjowner
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepsOLot
Yeah, true, I could go that route, but, I've got the switches and the bezel, so, I can wire it up, just trying to cut down as much as I can, LOL! Jerry
Yeah doing it my way would be worse case
coloradowjowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #9
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

I'm in the same boat. I have a 2004 Laredo and got a full set of premium leather seats from a 03 Limited. I do not have the harnesses behind the dash either.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2013, 07:32 PM   #10
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Ok, looks like '03-'04 Laredo's don't have the heated seat switch plugs. I'm wondering if, with the '02 refresh, the plugs were removed from the main Laredo harness. Thanks for the info. Anyone with an '02 Laredo have the plugs or not?

Jerry

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.