Unknown cable please help!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Unknown cable please help!!

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-14-2014, 01:35 AM   #1
sumaznstyle
1999 WJ 

Unknown cable please help!!

I was trying to fix the infamous electrical issue with my 1999 jeep grand Cherokee laredo. I took the things under the steering wheel and was checking all the wires underneath on the driver side and saw this cable just hanging there..... does anyone know where this wire was suppose to be connected to?

I also found this under the steering wheel as well..... I took it off and plastic dip what i could and taped it up with electrical tape.....

If someone could help me figure out what that blue cable is suppose to be connected to that would help

sumaznstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2014, 01:42 AM   #2
ReclusiveXen
2002 WJ 

I'm not all too big into the electrical systems but have you looked to see where the blue wire leads?

Not too sure about that second image.
ReclusiveXen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2014, 02:07 AM   #3
sumaznstyle
1999 WJ 

The 2nd image was just something i found. Look like the previous owner tried to tap into the wire and hook something up to it. I have plastic dip that part and covered it with electrical tape.
sumaznstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2014, 06:35 AM   #4
dadamets
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumaznstyle
The 2nd image was just something i found. Look like the previous owner tried to tap into the wire and hook something up to it. I have plastic dip that part and covered it with electrical tape.
Probably a remote start or maybe a GPS from a buy here pay here lot?
dadamets is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2014, 07:58 AM   #5
vettedude
2004 WJ 

Blue wire should be for trailer brakes
General Grabber AT2 265/65/17
vettedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2014, 08:57 AM   #6
harkinsc
2004 WJ 

Well the blue wire that is nice and tidy is for trailer brakes. It is exactly how its supposed to be. You could tape it up but I don't think that is your problem. The other two wires...LOL... what a hack job. Take those out and tape up the stock wires.
harkinsc is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.