Uneven rolling in corners - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Uneven rolling in corners

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!

Unread 01-16-2014, 06:50 AM   #1
Matrixxxx
2001 WJ 

Wj Uneven rolling in corners

hi All,
if im driving along and swerve from one side of the road to the other (road clear)

when i turn to the right it feels ok but when i turn to the right it seems to lean a lot more, i assume it could be the rear shock on the rhs?

it had been stood for a while by the previous owner..

Last edited by Matrixxxx; 01-16-2014 at 07:15 AM..
Matrixxxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2014, 06:53 AM   #2
sfjacks1
2004 WJ 

I would say you have a broken/ worn out sway bar link...
sfjacks1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2014, 07:20 AM   #3
Matrixxxx
2001 WJ 

any simple tests to do other than look at it as it will be the weekend before i get to look at it properly.

it does seem to handle differently depending which corner your going round, i thought it was the Tyre pressures at first but they are fine now i have had the rim leak repaired.
Unread 01-16-2014, 08:10 AM   #4
pinky2252s
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrixxxx View Post
any simple tests to do other than look at it as it will be the weekend before i get to look at it properly.

it does seem to handle differently depending which corner your going round, i thought it was the Tyre pressures at first but they are fine now i have had the rim leak repaired.
Its something to do with the rear sway bar most likely. Check for any broken bolts on the sway bars axle mount, and the sway bar end links. Make sure your spring isn't broken as well. Also makes sure that none of your shocks are leaking, or have blown a seal.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #2252
2001 Laredo, 2004 Special Edition
pinky2252s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2014, 06:44 AM   #5
Matrixxxx
2001 WJ 

UPDATE:
all i could find was one of the top arm bushes had some play in it but only a few mm's, spring looks ok , shocks not leaking but do look quire corroded on the exposed parts.
Unread 08-18-2014, 11:46 AM   #6
Matrixxxx
2001 WJ 

Update: it turned out to be the drivers side shock absorber -week, replaced all OK.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.