Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

U-nuts for tow hooks. where to find

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  ChrisHager 
#1 ·
Just got some tow hooks and there are no u nuts included. Can someone point me to a supplier or do any of you guys have any spares?
Any help is appreciated

#3 ·
Clips and fastners dot com got them

#4 ·
I haven't tried them yet but here are a couple quotes from a different thread. This option may be just what you need...

Just did the install. I was missing the 2 u nuts and 2 bolts to go with them. I couldn't find a metric u nut with the correct depth to match the others. Most metric u nut depths that match the OEM bolts are 19mm and you need roughly 28mm depth. I went with sae thread Napa Balkamp u nuts part #665-1961 package of 3 you only need 2 of them. They are 3/8 - 16 screw size and just picked up 2 sae 3/8 - 16 Grade 8 bolts and washers from them. I think the bolts were 1 1/4 length. You can go longer if they don't have the correct length.

A GM part number comes up for the u bolts that matches the Jeep OEM metric bolts with the correct depth. The number comes up in their computer but they said no longer available.
Good information!

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/C...-Nut-Extruded-U-Nut/_/R-BK_6651961_0361079104

Dimensions : Panel Range - .05" - .2", Center Of Hole To Panel Edge - 1 1/8"
Manufacturer : Auto Fastener Group, Inc.
Manufacturer Part Number : 46029
Material Type : Steel
Mounting Hole Diameter : 3/8"-16
Package Quantity : (1) Nut
Style Name : Extruded U-Nut
Thread Size : 3/8"-16

#10 ·
If you buy from Lowes/Menards/Ace, be sure the center of the hole to the edge is deep enough...

It looks like this may work from ClipsAndFasteners:

Extruded U Nut M10-1.5 Screw Size - GM

Extruded U Nut
Phosphate
M10-1.50 Screw Size
Panel Range: 1.0mm-6.0mm (.040"-.230")
Center of Hole to Edge: 19mm (3/4")
Replaces GM: 11500662, 22531616
25 Per Package

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.