Turn signals don't work but hazards do - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Turn signals don't work but hazards do

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 07-29-2014, 04:11 PM   #1
Spyder328
2000 WJ 

Turn signals don't work but hazards do

Ok so I have been searching this for hours and I am seeing conflicting answers. My turn signals stopped working, the blinker lights on the dash aren't lighting, and the turn signal "clicking" isn't there. My hazards do work, the blinker lights on the dash work with the hazards, and the "clicking" is there when the hazards are on. All my lights work and my AC/heater are working. Everything works except the turn signals. I pulled the flasher relay out and I can't find any cracks in the solder joints, even with a magnifying glass. When I have the flasher relay out the hazards do not work, but when I put the relay back in the hazards work again. The fuse is good as well. I don't know what to do now....

Unread 07-29-2014, 06:28 PM   #2
narnwv

2000 WJ 

It's the flasher relay.

Yes, I read your whole post. Trust me, it's the flasher relay.

narnwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2014, 07:23 PM   #3
Spyder328
2000 WJ 

I ended up taking a soldering iron and re-soldered all of the connections on the flasher relay and its now working. Should have done that before I posted Thanks for the reply tho
Unread 09-01-2014, 07:20 PM   #4
rjbdaddy

Signal & Hazards not working

Sorry I am having trouble posting a new thread...changed grill assembly on 1998 Grand Cherokee Laredo and have headlights and running lights but no signal lights...had right originally then neither.

Check fuse, and changed flasher...

Any ideas for a mechanic wannabe?
rjbdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2014, 07:43 PM   #5
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbdaddy View Post
Sorry I am having trouble posting a new thread...changed grill assembly on 1998 Grand Cherokee Laredo and have headlights and running lights but no signal lights...had right originally then neither. Check fuse, and changed flasher... Any ideas for a mechanic wannabe?
Yes. Ask the ZJ guys.

Sent from my iPad using Electrons
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.