JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   WJ Grand Cherokee Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/)
-   -   turn signal and emergency flasher not working (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/turn-signal-emergency-flasher-not-working-1526477/)

FordExplorer 05-21-2013 05:24 PM

turn signal and emergency flasher not working

It was working alright then all in the suddenly it stop . What is weird is when i turn on my light the left hand signal stay on doesn't flash . Any Suggest what is going on?

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 160,000 miles

car5car 05-21-2013 05:33 PM

flasher $50 from dealer and Advance auto, $12 ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/99-04-Grand-...e97935&vxp=mtr

imaguy3 05-21-2013 05:34 PM

the flasher relay could be bad... or a bulb could be burnt out....

When it turns on and stays on, check front and rear.. if all bulbs are lit I'd suspect the relay. If one is out then replace it and see if that helps.

FordExplorer 05-21-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imaguy3 (Post 15463048)

When it turns on and stays on, check front and rear.. if all bulbs are lit I'd suspect the relay. If one is out then replace it and see if that helps.

the relay where is located is easy to replace ? thank

doityourselfMM 05-21-2013 05:54 PM

Combination Flasher is located inside dash, below the instrument cluster, above the driver's feet, to the left of the steering column. For me, it was necessary to remove some of the plastic covers to access the relay. No more than 1 hour to remove and replace. Philips head screwdriver was all I needed.

FordExplorer 05-21-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doityourselfMM (Post 15463141)
Combination Flasher is located inside dash, below the instrument cluster, above the driver's feet, to the left of the steering column. For me, it was necessary to remove some of the plastic covers to access the relay. No more than 1 hour to remove and replace. Philips head screwdriver was all I needed.

easy to remove and replace or you need to remove lots of things ?

doityourselfMM 05-22-2013 09:02 AM

1) FSM says to disconnect the negative cable. (Up to you. I didn't.)

2) Remove the fuse cover.

3) Lower steering wheel.

4) Gently pry the cluster bezel (below instrument cluster) by each of the four corners. It is held in place by four snap clips. Pull toward you, 'rolling' it over the top of the steering column. Don't scratch the instrument cluster!

5) Remove the one outer and two (?) inner screws that hold the steering column opening cover (below steering column). Pull rearward to disengage the three snap clips.

Yours may differ slightly, but this is the gist of it. The combination flasher is the black relay in the upper middle position of the junction block.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FordExplorer (Post 15463151)
easy to remove and replace or you need to remove lots of things ?

FordExplorer 05-22-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imaguy3 (Post 15463048)

the fuse keep blowing up

imaguy3 05-22-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FordExplorer (Post 15463001)
It was working alright then all in the suddenly it stop . What is weird is when i turn on my light the left hand signal stay on doesn't flash . Any Suggest what is going on?

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 160,000 miles

Quote:

Originally Posted by FordExplorer (Post 15466081)
the fuse keep blowing up

In your first post you're saying the light is staying on but not flashing. Then in the other you say you're blowing fuses.

Which fuse are you blowing? If it was for the light then you shouldn't have any light at all.

The time now is 08:37 PM.