Transmission to engine support linkage?!? -
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 10-22-2013, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
2001 WJ 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Redwood City
Posts: 14
Transmission to engine support linkage?!?

I did a few searches but I'm not exactly sure what this thing is called. I tried to get a good picture of it but it was getting too dark and the flash kept over exposing the shot. This is on a 2001 GC Laredo 6cyl 4x4

The issue, my starter went out and I was under the Jeep removing the old one and putting in the new one when I noticed a bolt missing from this linkage. It connects one bar that mounts to the engine which runs just under the starter to a three way junction right at the front of the transmission with one bar going up to the transmission and the third bar running back towards the rear and bolting onto the transmission near the drive shaft. The front bars were all solid, but when I loosened the one going to the engine, I realized that the rear most one was not bolted to anything as it dropped down onto the exhaust pipe. I was able to tighten up the three way junction enough to keep that rear bar off of things and I see a missing bolt hole, but I don't know what bolt to order to reconnect this. I'm pretty sure that this bolt went missing when I had my transmission rebuilt several years ago.

First off, does anyone know what I am talking about? And most importantly, where can I order a replacement bolt for this?

I will try to get pictures with a real camera and not my phone tonight just in case no one knows that this is.

wildeman_13 is offline  
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 Old 10-22-2013, 05:55 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 491
I know what your talking about. Just go to the hardware store for a bolt. Its not a big deal.
Duh is offline  
post #3 of 4 Old 10-23-2013, 06:04 AM
Web Wheeler
doityourselfMM's Avatar
1999 WJ 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: manassas
Posts: 1,462
They are referred to as 'Brace, Bending Transmission' and 'Brace, Bending Transmission, Bottom'.

By your description, I'm not sure which Bolt (and Nut ?) you are referring to. If you can get a picture, that will confirm. Does the missing Bolt go through the Brace and screw into a threaded hole, or does it require a Nut, to tighten?
doityourselfMM is offline  
post #4 of 4 Old 10-28-2013, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
2001 WJ 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Redwood City
Posts: 14
It is a bolt that goes through the end of the support/brace and threads into the transmission itself. I was unable to get under the Jeep due to hurting my knee recently to try to get a picture, unfortunately.

I was going to simply buy one from the hardware store, but I have no clue on what size/thread it uses.
wildeman_13 is offline  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome