Transmission cooler - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Transmission cooler

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 01-20-2004, 01:13 PM   #1
baseball_coach

Transmission cooler

I have a 2000 GC 4.0 with 4wd. It has the factory trailor hitch and wiring. Can someone tell me if this set up would include a transmission cooler, or tell me how to determine if there is one on the jeep. Would it be outside the AC coils or inside them and the fan. Thanks guys for a great site.

baseball_coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2004, 01:58 PM   #2
Meerkat
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball_coach
I have a 2000 GC 4.0 with 4wd. It has the factory trailor hitch and wiring. Can someone tell me if this set up would include a transmission cooler, or tell me how to determine if there is one on the jeep. Would it be outside the AC coils or inside them and the fan. Thanks guys for a great site.
If you have the factory tow package installed, you (most likely) have the transmission cooler installed as well.
There are a couple of ways to verify this:
1. Disassemble all your doors and look inside to find the build sheet for your vehicle. If you have the transmission cooler, it will be listed there.
2. Look through your grill on the left side (passenger side) of the radiator area. You should see a small (approximately 9"x12") rectangular cooling unit mounted in front of the radiator. This method has the advantage of:
a). being less time consuming and labor intensive than option 1
b). verifying that some smart-alek didn't remove your transmission cooler.

Welcome to the board!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.