Trans Fluid service interval? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Trans Fluid service interval?

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippMagnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High Clearan

Unread 04-25-2014, 05:08 PM   #1
LarryDallas
2001 WJ 

Trans Fluid service interval?

So the manual states that the WJ 545rfe transmission fluid change is recommended at 100,000 miles for normal interval use and 30,000 miles for severe duty use. My mechanic recommended doing it every 60,000 miles

I don't tow but do some wheeling, mostly used as a daily driver. Still I am wondering if it is best to just do it at 30,000 miles. Curious what everyone what else does.

Unread 04-25-2014, 06:04 PM   #2
corpulent
2004 WJ 

The "severe duty" list never seems that severe to me. Short trips, stop-n-go, dust, etc. is normal driving, as I see it. I always go by that guideline. Plus, 30k miles is what, 2-3 years for most people? Might as well do it, especially if you're able to do it yourself. If you're paying someone to do it, then that might factor into it, as it would co$t you 2-3x as much . . .
corpulent is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2014, 11:17 AM   #3
kfxnando
2001 WJ 

My manual says 100 000km for normal driving and I think 60000km for heavy use

an earlier service can't hurt

http://s538.photobucket.com/user/kfxnando/library/?sort=3&page=1
kfxnando is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2014, 11:20 AM   #4
Jeeples
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpulent View Post
The "severe duty" list never seems that severe to me. Short trips, stop-n-go, dust, etc. is normal driving, as I see it. I always go by that guideline. Plus, 30k miles is what, 2-3 years for most people? Might as well do it, especially if you're able to do it yourself. If you're paying someone to do it, then that might factor into it, as it would co$t you 2-3x as much . . .
Spot on.

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.