Trans Fluid Change at 75K - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Trans Fluid Change at 75K

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 03-29-2010, 09:05 PM   #1
DillonFam
2004 WJ 

Trans Fluid Change at 75K

I am contemplating changing my Trans fluid, gasket and filter on my 04 WJ 4.0 auto. It only has 75k when its not recommended until 100k. I dont do much hard driving and only use 4-wheel in the winter. I drive down to South Carolina from Philadelphia once a year (477 miles) and put about 12k on it per year.

Should I do it? Should i look at the trans dipstick and make my choice from the fluid color?

DillonFam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2010, 09:07 PM   #2
xJoshxx
Web Wheeler

2012 WK 

With ATF+4 color means nothing.

Yea do a Filter and fluid change takes 5-7 quarts.

Trans fluid change - JeepsUnlimited.com Forums
The SRt-8's are a liberty design.
2011 WK2 ORA2
2012 WK2 SRT8
xJoshxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2010, 09:20 PM   #3
bigbill888
1996 ZJ 

If you are original owner and know it has been used fairly gently and the recommended service is at 100k miles, I would get another year out of it. If its workn good, don't mess with it.
All work well
bigbill888 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2010, 05:43 PM   #4
DillonFam
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbill888 View Post
If you are original owner and know it has been used fairly gently and the recommended service is at 100k miles, I would get another year out of it. If its workn good, don't mess with it.
yeah original owner, car hasnt been beat on. thanks
DillonFam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.