Trans Cooler Line Help Please - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Trans Cooler Line Help Please

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 01-21-2012, 08:36 PM   #1
delkin

Trans Cooler Line Help Please

Im replacing the Rad in my 99 4.7 and I broke the transmission line that screws into the top of my rad. I cant find a replacement anywhere for it since I do not have the exterior trans cooler that apparently most of the other WJs come with since that is what the dealer keeps trying to sell me. Has anybody tried to replace this line and know the part number or where I can find it at? Any advice is welcome. Thanks

delkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2012, 08:47 PM   #2
bds5
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just buy an AfterMarket Cooler and Install it, Forget about the Stock setup.
bds5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2012, 10:01 PM   #3
allenrotstein
2000 WJ 

Here is the parts list for your 4.7 engine cooling system.
Does it help?

print_014.jpg  
Unread 01-22-2012, 09:46 AM   #4
delkin

If you look closely at the line that leaves the bottom end of the transmission, I need the metal tube that goes into the radiator from that line. In the pic above it shows that it goes from the number six hose up the side of the rad and around the front to the external trans cooler then it will loop back around and go into the top port on the rad and then go out the bottom port and back to the trans. Or maybe I got that completely backwards. I dont know which direction the trans fluid flows. I think it helps to look at radiator parts instead of transmission parts.
delkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.