Trans clunk - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Trans clunk

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 05-17-2011, 03:43 PM   #1
Freedom2004jeep
2004 WJ 

Trans clunk

My 04 freedom edition with the I-6 shifts fine during acceleration but when I accelerate and release the gas before it shifts then it shifts under no acceleration it clunks into second. Do I have to adjust the bands ?

Freedom2004jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2011, 05:24 PM   #2
JRT403
2000 WJ 

My WJ started doing the same thing after I had a transmission out of a different year installed. It will clunk into second and third if you simply let off the gas. I don't think it's hurting anything but it would be nice to see what the people on here think about it.
JRT403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2011, 04:47 AM   #3
Freedom2004jeep
2004 WJ 

I hope it's not hurting anything. My trans is the original. The truck has 85k on it. Maybe a fluid/filter change may help but if I had to adjust the bands I wanted to do it at the same time.
Unread 05-18-2011, 09:06 AM   #4
1AAdam
2000 WJ 

same thing happened to my 01 WJ when we had the trans changed. i think all it really needs is a flash because my 00 doesn't do anything like that and shifts quite smoothly in any situation. any idea what a dealer may charge for that? i don't THINK it's really hurting anything but boy it sure feels like it is!
1AAdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2011, 08:57 PM   #5
KBag
2000 WJ 

possibly the trans speed sensor?
KBag is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.