Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Top Rear Swaybar Link Bolt Will Not Come Out.

593 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Ryanpavlik 
#1 ·
Hello,
I'm installing an IRO 3in lift kit on an 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee and the rear sway bar upper bolt doesn't want to come out, any tips?
Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Hello,
I'm installing an IRO 3in lift kit on an 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee and the rear sway bar upper bolt doesn't want to come out, any tips?
Thanks in advance.
Heat is your best friend. Do you have a torch you could use?

If you don't have a torch I'd say some penetrating fluid sitting overnight and a good breaker bar might be able to do it.

Any impact or air tools?

#4 ·
If I recall, I had to grind that bolt off when I first got my WJ and replaced the links. It was rusted beyond recognition. I went to Lowes and replaced it with a new grade 8 one. Had to do it for the lower shock mount at one point too. If you get the same diameter, it won't effect ride quality or anything

#7 ·
D.J._2000WJ said:
If I recall, I had to grind that bolt off when I first got my WJ and replaced the links. It was rusted beyond recognition. I went to Lowes and replaced it with a new grade 8 one. Had to do it for the lower shock mount at one point too. If you get the same diameter, it won't effect ride quality or anything
Do you remember what size the upper sway bar bolt were?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.