Too good to be true CraigsList find - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Too good to be true CraigsList find

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 08-19-2013, 12:02 AM   #1
86cj74.2L
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/ctd/3981423786.html

This is a 04 Limited I believe.

This is the email response I got from her.

Hey,

I have a low price for my 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee ($ 1,900 including delivery to your home address ), because I want to sell the jeep very quickly. My husband died 2 months ago (he had a heart attack) and this vehicle brings me bad memories and that's the reason that I want to sell it. I along with my daughter decided to sell the house and we moved to my sister in Nebraska. Unfortunately I can't conclude this transaction personally because my work involves a lot of travelling but I left everything prepared for the sale. If you are really interested in purchasing, please email me with your details (name and address) for the shipping.

Thanks

I asked her if its still in Harrisburg. It seems too good to be true. Like a scam.

But if its in Harrisburg and I can touch it.......

86cj74.2L is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 12:20 AM   #2
joeisalsocool
2004 WJ 

They lost me with the sentence, "Never Accident. " haha. Tell her you need it to trek thru the Amazon, and to ship it there :-)
joeisalsocool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 12:45 AM   #3
86cj74.2L
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

It sure does sound like she has it. It will be interesting whatever her reply is.

I tried googling her name and email address and got nowhere.
Unread 08-19-2013, 01:38 AM   #4
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

You know what's said about if it's too good to be true. Delivery? I'd want to phsyically see it and pick it up in person. Sending money and having it delivered seems like a scam to me, much like they try to scam on autotrader where they want to buy your vehicle without even seeing it, pay you more, then want you to send money back to them, meanwhile the supposed money they sent via paypal never happened. I'd be very leary unless I saw and bought and got it signed over in person.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 01:48 AM   #5
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

Seriously? Stay away.
99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 01:52 AM   #6
JeepJeffW
2004 WJ 

SCAM

You will never get an address or actual vehicle location from her (him, it). Tell her you are five minutes from where the Jeep is and they will change up on you. Watch yourself, they are ruthless.

~~~~ Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1984
JeepJeffW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 01:55 AM   #7
texlurch
2002 WJ 

Yep, scam. All over Craigslist from bikes to ATV's to cars.
I love to f-k with them and go back and forth with emails. But as soon as you try to pin them down with a physical location of the vehicle, they disappear.
Colorado Jeep Club Member #383
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 02:53 AM   #8
86cj74.2L
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch
Yep, scam. All over Craigslist from bikes to ATV's to cars.
I love to f-k with them and go back and forth with emails. But as soon as you try to pin them down with a physical location of the vehicle, they disappear.
Yes. And currently I'm am only around ten minutes from where its at.

I'm assuming its a scam.

But I'm already planning on looking at a 99wj limited with noise in the rear on Monday or Tuesday in Harrisburg.

There was one on CL for a TJ last year. From Washington state advertised in this area (Harrisburg, Lancaster, and Reading)
Unread 08-19-2013, 03:51 AM   #9
jbaldry
2000 WJ 

STOP RIGHT AWAY. I got this EXACT email back from someone selling a wj for dirt cheap. Definitely a scam.
Unread 08-19-2013, 04:01 AM   #10
86cj74.2L
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

That's why I posted her reply.

Thanks
Unread 08-19-2013, 06:01 AM   #11
Knightrider9827
2002 WJ 

Well, personally if I had this as up I would leave the license plate on. That way peaople could check it out on carfax at least. I don't even read ads unless the license plate is in the pic. Yeah yeah, I know, people are so damn paranoid these days, but you really can't do s#!t with just a plate number.....definitly a scam. I see posts like this all the time on CL. Same format too. And who the f#€k sells the vehicle 2 months after a tragedy like that. Just my $.02.
Knightrider9827 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 06:12 AM   #12
MattJeep
Web Wheeler
2003 WJ 

I can 100% guarantee its spam. The same type of spam ads pop up here too.
MattJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 07:02 AM   #13
WJ04
2004 WJ 

Yeah that's a scam stay away.
2004 WJ Laredo-selectrac 242-I6- Custom XJ intake w/Amsoil cone filter- PSC HD Pump & Res- PSC ported box- B&M trans cooler- B&M PS cooler- Custom chevy 1 Ton over the knuckle steering- Rough Stuff 1 Ton tierod & draglink ends- Saguaro 4x4 Front 3/4" shackles, Rear hitch & Warn 3/4" shackle-Mopar Front skid,Gastank skid -IRO TC skid- RRO super sliders- 6.5'' IRO critical path lift -IRO extended rear arms-Bilstein 5125 shocks -IRO F&R 6.5'' Bump stops-Carolina drive shaft-16x7 black soft 8's - 34'' Super swampers-Yukon 4.11 gears -Ultimate RCV shafts - LockRight Locked ECGS bolt in rear D60 -35 spline Chomloy shafts -BTF HD diff cover -IRO Adj A-arm-OX Locked super D30 -OX HD diff cover -OX drive away lock-Rock Krawler d30 truss-Stillen rotors & Matrix pads-JKS Adj Track Bar-JKS Quicker discos -Relocated OME SD-40 Steering Stabilizer-BDS stabilizer brackets-Relocated washer bottle-Removed rear sway bar-Cobra CB-TomTom one XL navi-alpine deck

Still to come: Flowmaster 50suv

October 2011 GCOTM Winner

Some of my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/LockedWJ?feature=mhee

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjp2 View Post
I burnout on puppies and kittens
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwmaniacx View Post
Lets not and say we didn't.
WJ04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 12:45 PM   #14
lazebum
2001 WJ 

DANGER 86CJ74.2L DANGER (in my best robot voice)
01 4.0 WJ - Kolak Brake upgrade, Addaco rear sway bar, 3' OME springs, JKS Adj Track Bar, Bilstine Shocks, MOOG Steering Stablizer and TRE's, IRO SYE front kit with a Double Cardan drive shaft, DANA 44a rear swap, booster seat, 7yrold Son, "Don't Tread On Me" Sticker and plates, oh yeah that is how i roll!!
lazebum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 01:43 PM   #15
86cj74.2L
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Just for your entertainment.

Hello

Like I said in my first e-mail, I moved to Omaha, Nebraska to my sister. The car is with me, and its already at the shipping company, in a cargo container, ready to be delivered to its future owner. Using eBay, you get free delivery, the car arriving at your place in 1 to 3 days. In addition, you also get 5 days to try it out before buying it, and if you don't like it, you can send it back at my expense. I want to make it very clear, that eBay will hold your money, and I won't be receiving a single dollar unless you call and tell them to release the money to me. If interested, e-mail me your whole name, shipping address and phone # to discuss, and I will forward it to eBay so they can send you more details on how this works. I look forward to hear soon from you.

I attached some pictures with my car and here are more pictures:

http://www.use.com/e318b1a45b74da7d553a?p=1

Thank you

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.