Toe-in numbers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Toe-in numbers

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #1
wschilawski
2002 WJ 

Question Toe-in numbers

Hey all,

Here's what I have:

-2.5/2" springs (Fat Bobs)
-adjustable front upper/lower control arms
-1.5" RC wheel spacers
-255/70/16 AT2's on stock silverblades
-New TRE/Drag Link/Balljoints
-JKS Adjustable Track Bar

I had an alignment before I got the tires/spacers but now I have significant BS and DW. I had the caster set at 4.5 degrees per IRO contact from my last alignment.

I'll be going in for my alignment to be checked this Saturday and would like to know what my toe-in should be according to my assortment of parts. Any input on the specs I should be aligning to?

Thank you.

wschilawski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #2
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Roughly 1/16"-1/8" toed in.

DW isn't an alignment issue 98% of the time. Its a loose/worn component issue, causing the tire and/or wheel to move laterally when it shouldn't. I see you have almost all new parts up front, however. Is everything torqued properly?

Bump steer is a mismatch in angles from your drag link and track bar, caused by different arcs during suspension movement, unless you also have something loose/worn causing give during suspension travel.

I'd be checking track bar torque and making sure the frame side hole isn't oblonged. Could also be play in the sealed hubs possibly. Lots of possible causes.

11 Ram 2500 - 6.7 Cummins (DD/Tow Rig)

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
dillonjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 05:34 PM   #3
wschilawski
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillonjm
Roughly 1/16"-1/8" toed in.

DW isn't an alignment issue 98% of the time. Its a loose/worn component issue, causing the tire and/or wheel to move laterally when it shouldn't. I see you have almost all new parts up front, however. Is everything torqued properly?

Bump steer is a mismatch in angles from your drag link and track bar, caused by different arcs during suspension movement, unless you also have something loose/worn causing give during suspension travel.

I'd be checking track bar torque and making sure the frame side hole isn't oblonged. Could also be play in the sealed hubs possibly. Lots of possible causes.
I'll double check all the torque on every component tomorrow night. I had the hubs replaced right after the lift. Thanks for the input

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
2 BDS Lift | Spacer | JKS Adj. TrackBar | ProComp Shocks | KOR TB Bushings | KOR SS | IRO Upper/Lower Control Arms | Kenwood eXcelon Head Unit | Sony Speakers | RC 1.5 Wheel Spacers | 255/70/16 General AT2s | Predator Bullbar w/ Fawkes Relocation | Rage Roof Rack | 8,000K HID Conversion | Hella 500FF Lights | K&N FIPK Intake | Titletown Jeepers
wschilawski is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.