Tizzdizz's 03 Limited - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Tizzdizz's 03 Limited

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 02-20-2011, 06:29 AM   #16
huntandfish
2004 WJ 

the shock noise might be the bar pins up front? I'm not sure what threads slipping sounds like but are you sure its not the side wall tread of your tire while you take the tight parking lot turns and your wheels lean a little.

A great place for outdoorsmen in the NW. www.hunting-washington.com Member Screen name- addicted
huntandfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2011, 11:36 AM   #17
tizzdizz
2003 WJ 

That's a good point Hunt, It was dark and rainy and I couldn't do much to figure it out on the drive home. I'll check that out today. Thanks for the tip.

I do know the rear tires are very close to the shocks, but weren't touching or rubbing that I could tell. I think wheel spacers might be in my future.

I also have a minor driveline hum at freeway speeds. The kit came with a tcase drop but I had read most WJers don't install them, so I tried it without. I'll probably put it in and see if that takes care of it. I don't have the CV driveshaft, so that's one plus.
74 Nova - 2" drop and disc conv. Sold.
My videos
tizzdizz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2011, 02:09 PM   #18
tizzdizz
2003 WJ 

Got some daylight shots, but forgot my memory card and had to use my phone instead. Oh well. I am also selling my stock rims/tires, upcountry springs, stock trackbar, lower control arms, and rear shocks (front shocks did not survive the install :P). PM me if you're interested.

before:

after:

before:

after:
My videos
Unread 02-20-2011, 08:25 PM   #19
JJAMISON_
2008 JK Wrangler 

i like the after pics. IMO i like the letters out on the tires! but it does look fabulous
Unread 02-20-2011, 09:16 PM   #20
srmitchell
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Dude sweet rig!

My dad has an 04 wj Special edition, 4.7. LOVE it.

He's got a 3 inch lift, and he's getting 265/75 km2's soon.
srmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2011, 10:07 PM   #21
NW99XJ
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Well i was sad to see your old XJ go, seeing as I have a black 99 XJ thats well into the build process. Just put on a set of 31x10.50 Duratracs myself. Gonna "break 'em in" this weekend up in the mountains here. We'll see how they do. Cant wait. That WJ of yours is lookin pretty good so far. Its amazing what a small lift and some new rubber will do for overall looks. I'm currious to see how far you go with THIS jeep.
NW99XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2011, 10:46 PM   #22
JJAMISON_
2008 JK Wrangler 

get these... and go 33's
http://icelandoffroad.com/GrandChero...S/Default.aspx
iceland-ff.jpg  
Unread 02-27-2011, 05:14 PM   #23
tizzdizz
2003 WJ 

Thanks NW99XJ. I definitely miss it but this one has a lot of features to help me forget about my loss. :P

I got under the jeep today for a little bit and determined that everything is tight as it should be. A friend turned the wheel while I inspected and the pass. side track bar is making the noise, which we decided is probably the bushing squeaking. I don't think the trackbar has zerk fittings, so I may have to pull that off and grease it by hand.

Either way, I feel I can drive it with confidence now.

Still planning on selling stock upcountry springs, rear shocks and front LCAs. I also need to put in the TC drop too. When did weekends get to be so short??
My videos
Unread 02-27-2011, 05:16 PM   #24
tizzdizz
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJAMISON_ View Post
get these... and go 33's
Um... yeah no thanks. I love that rig but my 32s still smell new and have roughly 40 miles on them.

I've spent more money than I should have in such a short amount of time, but I really wanted to do it right. Any additional upgrades will have to wait for a while.
My videos
Unread 02-27-2011, 05:37 PM   #25
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

That ripping sound may be your tires rubbing on the the inside of your front fascia/ bumper or on the liner. Those Duratracs are beefy for an H/A/T (Hybrid All-Terrain). Many on here have had to trim front bumper/fascia while running those tires on a 4" lift; I included.
PhantomWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2011, 09:00 PM   #26
2000BB6
2000 XJ Cherokee 

now you need to get some videos of your WJ at hollister hills
Unread 02-27-2011, 09:33 PM   #27
tizzdizz
2003 WJ 

I definitely will be testing it out in Hollister soon. I didn't see any signs of rubbing, but i haven't done anything more than mild street driving so far. I'm going to try to max it out on flex to see where I need to trim and keep that down to a minimum. I hacked up my XJ and it was cool, but this is way nicer and I want to try to keep it that way. :P

The noise seems to happen at low speeds (while parking) when turning the wheel, feels like the track bar is moving. I checked, though, and it feels tight on there. When touching trackbar the while it makes the noise, you can feel the vibration coming from the pass. mount, and I'm wondering if the bushings may have just not gotten enough lube during installation. I wish the TB had zerks though, everything else does.
My videos
Unread 03-06-2011, 07:36 PM   #28
tizzdizz
2003 WJ 

Yesterday a friend and I took apart the track bar/bushings and went to town with the grease. Then we greased up the control arms and the sound is pretty much gone. Sooooo happy that's all it took. Phew!

I still have a slight hum from the front driveline, and eventually I'll probably get adjustable upper control arms. For now, I'm happy with it and am looking forward to testing it out in Hollister this coming weekend. I'll see if/how much I need to trim.

Also got a couple better quality pictures after the lift.

My videos
Unread 03-06-2011, 11:32 PM   #29
-SS454-
2001 WJ 

Looks fantastic. Those timberlands are in pristine shape too. Do you still plan to run spacers? If so how big?
-SS454- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2011, 02:11 PM   #30
dustinova
2001 WJ 

That's the exact lift/wheel/tire combo I'm planning on running. Looks great!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.