Ok so after i got my lift i got an alignment done at firestone. When they did my alignment there was something they said they couldnt adjust on my passenger side and it stayed in the red. Im not sure what it was due to my losing my print out. But recently i noticed i have a little uneven tread wear on the out tread block on both my front tires. Is this due to my alignment or bad front shock because mine started makin a very loud squeaking sound not too long ago. But i was going to go get another alignment at 4wheel Parts this time, but if its not my alignment i was going to use the extra cash on some new shocks.
Seriously? This has been brought up in probably 3 threads in the past week.
1. You don't need an alignment after you lift a WJ.
2. Shocks don't do **** with an alignment.
3. The ONLY THING ADJUSTABLE IS "TOE".
1. Your alignment can be tweaked if you have adjustable control arms or a track bar and don't spit stuff like you don't need an alignment because that's bs if this has been posted a million times you would realize that's an incorrect statement. And thanks for stating the obvious about toe but your tow can be thrown off causing uneven tread wear try searching all these so called threads out there you talk about. Seems like i search more than you bud.
2. Where did you ever read shocks have something to do with alignment.
3. The time it took you to reply with absolutely zero help or strait up no point to your three sentences you could of just clicked the back button and continued on.
Has your rig EVER been in an accident, off roaded, hit a curb? Could be a bent control arm, frame, or other. The front suspension is only adjustable to a point. A component might be faulty, bent, etc. A shock won't affect alignment. But still, if its squeaking then its time to replace.
What i was saying is ive read several things where bad shocks can mess up tire wear but i did hit a curb not to long ago in the snow but it wasnt very hard. Yeah thanks bilz ill get on that tomorrow. But yes i was in a side collision like 2 years back but the shopfixed everything atleast they said they did. My whole question was is another alignment worth it if i have a little bit of uneven tire wear?
This place has the newest Machine in Northeast Wisconsin. It's only two years old. They replace it every 3, and for the past 10 years I've lived up here its been 35 plus tax
Dealers bring their vehicles to this shop from 30-40 miles away because most of the machines locally are 5-8 years old, and they make so much money off of their's they can afford a new one every 3 years. And still make a bundle on it