those with JCR sliders...do you have fitment issues? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > those with JCR sliders...do you have fitment issues?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 01-03-2011, 09:27 PM   #1
drwolcot

2002 WJ 

those with JCR sliders...do you have fitment issues?

I was installing my JCR sliders on my Jeep this weekend and the fitment is off.... there is about a 1/4 inch gap between the bracket on the sliders and the frame. I have it bolted to the pinch seam and the bolts as tight as I could get them to the frame and the sliders are on tight but I want it flush so it can have full strength.

I am going to see if they can just send me extra brackets and I will just insert them between the original bracket and the frame and then just weld it to the bracket and frame.

|
|
2002 WJ Overland | 4.7 H.O. | Clayton 6in LA | LSR Bumper | JKS discos | JKS Track Bar | KOR SS | BFG KM2's 285/75/17 | Carolina Front/Rear Driveshaft | Quadradrive | 125k Miles
|
|
RIP
|4.7 | 242HD | 2WD-->4WD Conversion | Vari-Lock front D30 | D44a Aussie Locker | Hybrid RCX 4in + BB | IronMan FUCA's | D30 Solid Diff Cover | Carolina Front Driveshaft | JCR Stage 3 Sliders | E-Fan Conversion | Hard-KOR SS|
WJ 2WD-->4WD Conversion Build Thread
|
|
2003 WJ Overland - SOLD
drwolcot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 09:45 PM   #2
michiganmaveric
Got Beer?

2011 JK Wrangler 

I can't remember what brand of sliders I have, but I had fitment issues when I went to install them. I ended up getting them bolted to the pinch seam and bolted to the frame with 1 or 2 bolts then took it to a welding shop and had everything welded. They are not coming off.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, how do you have time to do it over.

Lifetime member #13

www.militaryjeepers.com lifetime member/airforce26yrs

2011 Tango/Mango JKU
michiganmaveric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 08:18 AM   #3
JeepWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwolcot View Post
I was installing my JCR sliders on my Jeep this weekend and the fitment is off.... there is about a 1/4 inch gap between the bracket on the sliders and the frame. I have it bolted to the pinch seam and the bolts as tight as I could get them to the frame and the sliders are on tight but I want it flush so it can have full strength.

I am going to see if they can just send me extra brackets and I will just insert them between the original bracket and the frame and then just weld it to the bracket and frame.
That's a common problem with JCR sliders. they can (and often will) send you brackets if you ask for them, but I just made some aluminum shims. I wheel my rig pretty hard, and there hasn't been a problem yet......
Unread 01-04-2011, 09:56 AM   #4
drwolcot

2002 WJ 

cool thanks

|
|
2002 WJ Overland | 4.7 H.O. | Clayton 6in LA | LSR Bumper | JKS discos | JKS Track Bar | KOR SS | BFG KM2's 285/75/17 | Carolina Front/Rear Driveshaft | Quadradrive | 125k Miles
|
|
RIP
|4.7 | 242HD | 2WD-->4WD Conversion | Vari-Lock front D30 | D44a Aussie Locker | Hybrid RCX 4in + BB | IronMan FUCA's | D30 Solid Diff Cover | Carolina Front Driveshaft | JCR Stage 3 Sliders | E-Fan Conversion | Hard-KOR SS|
WJ 2WD-->4WD Conversion Build Thread
|
|
2003 WJ Overland - SOLD
drwolcot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 10:31 AM   #5
smunns

I'm sure they're stout sliders, but I'd be pretty pissed off if I bought a product that required them to send me spacers because they didn't fit properly. For the kind of money most places charge for sliders, they should bolt up properly every time.
smunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 11:57 AM   #6
phant0omx
2012 WK 

Yea, I have that issue and they sent me 1/4" spacer brackets to fill the gap. I bought them last year and have yet to put them on. My plan was to end up welding them on, but with the arms 1/4" shorter, that blew that idea out unless I want to fab something up for it. I am slightly pissed they don't fit right. I couldn't find a 1/4" longer self tapping bolt either, not sure it really makes a difference though.
phant0omx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 02:07 PM   #7
JeepWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smunns View Post
I'm sure they're stout sliders, but I'd be pretty pissed off if I bought a product that required them to send me spacers because they didn't fit properly. For the kind of money most places charge for sliders, they should bolt up properly every time.
point taken, but the JCR stage 2 sliders are the best bolt-on sliders I've ever seen. I'm usually a HUGE IRO fan, but I just love my JCR sliders. It was worth the extra effort to fix that little snag.
Unread 01-04-2011, 02:15 PM   #8
phant0omx
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepWJ View Post
point taken, but the JCR stage 2 sliders are the best bolt-on sliders I've ever seen. I'm usually a HUGE IRO fan, but I just love my JCR sliders. It was worth the extra effort to fix that little snag.
I wish they angled up a little like the IRO premium though...
Unread 01-04-2011, 02:25 PM   #9
JeepWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phant0omx View Post
I wish they angled up a little like the IRO premium though...
well, actually, that's why I like them so much; they don't! You have to actually put them on the Jeep to see how much side protection you get from them, it's pretty ridiculous, and the sliders don't look too bad sticking straight out. I just put some 3M grip tape on the bars, and they look like step-up bars!
Unread 01-04-2011, 02:42 PM   #10
phant0omx
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepWJ View Post
well, actually, that's why I like them so much; they don't! You have to actually put them on the Jeep to see how much side protection you get from them, it's pretty ridiculous, and the sliders don't look too bad sticking straight out. I just put some 3M grip tape on the bars, and they look like step-up bars!
yea, thats what i'm going to do on the bars. i've already got them painted with some rustoleum textured black. just gotta put some grip tape on the bars when i install them. i've got to paint my pinch seam before i install them though...
Unread 01-04-2011, 02:43 PM   #11
smunns

I built my own, but If I were to buy sliders, I'd probably go with IRO. Really just because they are already powder coated, probably don't require any modding or spacers to get them to fit, and I really like IRO as a company. Nothing against JCR, I'm sure they make a great product.
smunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 08:53 PM   #12
dave03wj
2003 WJ 

The JCR Stage 3 Sliders do angle up. They are on sale $10 cheaper then the stage 2, as well. .
dave03wj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 09:16 PM   #13
Ridin' Around
1999 WJ 

I guess I got some out of the good batch, because mine bolted right up. Only complaint I had was that a couple of the holes on the body mount hit the pinch spot welds dead on & the were a pain to drill.
Ridin' Around is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2011, 12:36 AM   #14
huntandfish
2004 WJ 

I looked into JCR sliders as they were the best price and i sent an email to IRO asking why theirs cost so much more.
This is what they replied.
"Hi Josh,
Thanks for thinking of our sliders. There are many advantages of our sliders over any of the other sliders out there, including JCR. Ours mount tighter to the pinch seam which brings your side clearance in. Our outer round tube angles up to protect the doors without sticking out too far and increasing your width. Ours uses 3 frame kickers. They each install with 20 screws for ultimate strength. Ours come powdercoated, theirs are bare metal. Please let me know if you have any other questions. I'll be happy to help!"

At this point in time the stage 3 JCR wasnt offered on their site so i was comparing it to the stage 2 which doesnt angle up.

I also saw while i was looking into it that the IRO sliders are made with thicker steel.

In the end JCR would niether offer me a military discount, nor would they work with me on my APO address as they said it was not possible. IRO took the time to look into shipping along with a military discount and now I'm happy as pie with my IRO Premium sliders installed.

It is just icing on the cake that the JCR sliders arent fitting well.
A great place for outdoorsmen in the NW. www.hunting-washington.com Member Screen name- addicted
huntandfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2011, 06:47 AM   #15
dave03wj
2003 WJ 

I like that answer!
dave03wj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.