Thinking about getting a wj - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Thinking about getting a wj

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 09-09-2013, 02:05 PM   #16
AIRBORNE
2000 WJ 

I think 4500 is a fair price. WJ still sell for 6-8k here (on lots). Some are not in that great a shape.

AIRBORNE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #17
jamesrw30
2004 WJ 

I just blue booked it and it looks like it is around 4200 to 4400. Not knowing all the options I had to just assume Haha.
jamesrw30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #18
jamesrw30
2004 WJ 

Talked to the guy. The bearings in the water pump started making noises so he replaced it. Didn't actually go out.
Unread 09-16-2013, 08:19 AM   #19
JeepNowski
2004 WJ 

So what ended up happening with this? Did you wind up getting a new (to you) WJ or did you pass on the ones you posted? Just curious.......
JeepNowski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2013, 08:27 AM   #20
jamesrw30
2004 WJ 

Still trying to get with the guy to look at it. I still have to sell my tj before I can get anything. Got to start getting it listed.
Unread 09-16-2013, 12:07 PM   #21
jamesrw30
2004 WJ 

Actually found another one I want to check out.
http://tricities.craigslist.org/cto/4069649331.html

2002 overland with about the same miles but for only 3k. Seems to have a dent in the bumper and a tear in the seat but the price is a lot better.
Unread 09-16-2013, 02:50 PM   #22
nolimitssjca
1999 WJ 

I'm always suspicious with so few pictures. I read a description that claimed it was immaculate inside and out and 1 20 ft picture. I got there and every panel was bent and scraped. The interior was hideous. Detente - Trust, but verify!
nolimitssjca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #23
Riocutt

Just bought a 2002 WJ 4.7 limited with 90,012k on it. Paid 4,500. Almost perfect condition with the exception of a faded hood and a little (not a lot) of rust on the undercarriage. Rust was mainly on the engine block and drive shafts and appeared to be surface rust. The jeep has black leather, seat warmers, sunroof, dual climate (with redone blenders), power seats (both sides), hitch with plug, new transfer case (got paperwork), newer tires, cruise, steering wheel audio controls, new brakes and rotors, 10 disk CD changer (doubt I will use), quadradrive. and fog lights. BTW found it on Craigslist too...FSBO by a 70 year old gentleman who knew its' recent history. I don't think I would ever buy one off a lot where I knew nothing about it.

Expecting to have to put 1k into it within the first year, (maybe water pump, maybe window regulators/motors although all are good right now, tranny flush, maybe paint the hood .....) but I am good with that. Very excited with the Jeep....purrs like a kitten and shifts perfectly. HELL YA I am excited.

2 years ago I bought my son a 2002 WJ Laredo with the 4.0 S6 in it and have had exactly one problem (crank sensor). We paid 5500 for it and it had 84,000 on it at the time. This newest one is my 8th jeep. Have had 3 xj's, 1 wrangler, a 93 and 97 grand, and now the two WJ's.
Riocutt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2013, 03:26 PM   #24
jamesrw30
2004 WJ 

I plan on seeing it. The first one sold today, I suspect that is why the guy kept pushing the days for me to look at it. Wish he had just been honest. I am supposed to be getting more pictures of the last one and plan to go see it.
Unread 11-09-2013, 09:48 PM   #25
jamesrw30
2004 WJ 

Well finally got one today. 2004 laredo 4.0. Has 174K but is amazingly clean and runs like a top. Going to change the oil this week and just ordered radio to replace factory. Not my favorite color but I couldn't pass it up. Mosntaliner may be in the future.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.