Testing the VSS on a 1999 Jeep Cherokee - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Testing the VSS on a 1999 Jeep Cherokee

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 05-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #1
WesMac

Testing the VSS on a 1999 Jeep Cherokee

I am currently experiencing problems with the VSS on my jeep and am just wondering if there is any way for me to test the VSS and make sure that it is the problem and not the wiring before I go out and by a new one.

WesMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 06:20 PM   #2
rm2001wj
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

The 1999 - 2004 Grand Cherokee (WJ) does not have an actual VSS (vehicle speed sensor). However, there is a VSS signal generated by the ABS controller which is sent to the PCM. The ABS controller get speed information from the wheel speed sensor signals. I would guess that if the speedometer seems to be working correctly that would probably mean that the the VSS signal is correct.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.