Tech help please - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Tech help please

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-08-2013, 09:06 AM   #1
varanus69

Tech help please

Can anyone point me in the right direction on this repair please. Every time I press the brakes on my 01 larado my the jeep kicks out of overdrive. Mechanics at Chrysler have no idea and say there is nothing connecting the two so that shouldn't be happening.

varanus69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #2
bradywgn71
2002 WJ 

Actually, the brake switch is connected to the transmission module. When you press the brake, it tells the transmission to unlock the torque converter and if you slow enough, it'll shift out of overdrive too. It's normal.
Unread 03-08-2013, 12:12 PM   #3
varanus69

On mine it kicks out of overdrive the second you touch the brakes even tap then regardless of speed even at 10mph. The of off light comes on in the dash and you have to hit the button again when you start driving. Previous owner put a zip tie strap around the button on the shifter to stop it from kicking out.
varanus69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 12:19 PM   #4
ZJPunk98
2002 WJ 

tranny module may have an issue. check on the connections on it. I know the "stealership" mechanic stated no connection issue, but double check.

98 ZJ 5.2L JGC Limited Sold
02 4.7L HO JGC Overland
ZJPunk98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.