takeing out of park - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > takeing out of park

Advance Adapters SYE KitsOconee Off-Road Jeep Night!SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140

Unread 12-18-2013, 11:31 AM   #1
robbie1003

takeing out of park

my 2002 jeep parks on a rather steep drive so there is a bit of strain on the trans when in park,recently it has been taking some pressure to take it out of park and when it comes out there is a clunk of relief from the trans, is there a problem occurring or a way of avoiding? cheers.

robbie1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 11:49 AM   #2
Jbecker
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Set parking brake. Put in park.
Jbecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 12:53 PM   #3
Johnyre
2002 WJ 

Pull the e-brake up before putting it in park.
Johnyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 02:10 PM   #4
robbie1003

cheers for that, jeep passed its test few days ago and the parking brake was ok but I feel it needs a bit of adjustment which may help with the problem. I will have to look into how to check and adjust the hand brake and wait for a change in the poor weather.
robbie1003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.