Tail light - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 07-29-2007, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Tail light

Quick question for you guys.... Just bought my '00 Grand Cherokee limited yesterday and my right brake light is less bright than the left and when the lights are turned on, the right brake light does not work... replaced the bulb, no luck with that... I'm wondering if it could possibly be the socket (the bracket that the bulb plugs into), or if you folks have any other questions. Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 Old 07-29-2007, 02:57 PM
swap it from the other side
post #3 of 4 Old 07-29-2007, 08:54 PM
Try cleaning up the contact surface for the bulb housing. It can get corrosion on it giving you a weak electrical path.
post #4 of 4 Old 07-29-2007, 10:16 PM
1999 TJ Wrangler 
i have the same problem look at the metal ring on the inside of the tail light it may be broken and not making contact with the contacts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.