Tail light - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Tail light

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 07-29-2007, 02:52 PM   #1
Phishhead856

Tail light

Quick question for you guys.... Just bought my '00 Grand Cherokee limited yesterday and my right brake light is less bright than the left and when the lights are turned on, the right brake light does not work... replaced the bulb, no luck with that... I'm wondering if it could possibly be the socket (the bracket that the bulb plugs into), or if you folks have any other questions. Thank you in advance.

Phishhead856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2007, 02:57 PM   #2
merlinTec

swap it from the other side
merlinTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2007, 08:54 PM   #3
frogbit1

Try cleaning up the contact surface for the bulb housing. It can get corrosion on it giving you a weak electrical path.
frogbit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2007, 10:16 PM   #4
doug.112
1995 ZJ 

i have the same problem look at the metal ring on the inside of the tail light it may be broken and not making contact with the contacts
doug.112 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.