Suspension and general info questions - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Suspension and general info questions

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 12-10-2013, 08:55 PM   #16
PowderHound
2003 WJ 

A belly skid will be easy with the clayton setup. Sounds like a solid plan. Cheers. And good luck finding a wj with a 242HD. I didn't see any for months. So I picked up a low mileage 4.7 H.O

2003 WJ♦Inferno Red Limited(4.7 H.O., Vari-Lok axles)♦OME HD/BILLY 5100S♦IRO t-case skid, adj. tb, sway links♦Moog SS♦Factory tow package w/harness & tow hooks♦ Amp/12 sub box♦new bad b**ch passenger♦1993 XJ country♦lift/muds/winchbumper-sold♦build thread instead of long A$$ sig soon...
PowderHound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2013, 08:58 PM   #17
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowderHound View Post
A belly skid will be easy with the clayton setup. Sounds like a solid plan. Cheers. And good luck finding a wj with a 242HD. I didn't see any for months. So I picked up a low mileage 4.7 H.O
So far I've seen one. Although it has 93k miles, which is a bit too much for my liking right now.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2013, 08:28 PM   #18
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Can anymore help me figure out some measurements?

Given that the Jeep is on a 4.5" lift and 285's, what would be the roof height, lowest belly pan height, and right above the rocker o the door sill?

-Jack
Unread 12-13-2013, 10:46 AM   #19
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

So after some reading, it looks like I would be sitting at 25.5" hub to fender on a 4.5" lift and 285's?

-Jack
Unread 12-13-2013, 10:55 AM   #20
PowderHound
2003 WJ 

Stock measures in at 18 front 19 rear HTF, or less usually because the rubber coil isolators smash down over time. Tire size isnt going to change HTF measurements, It will increase ride height and clearance, but not the hub to fender distance. With new isolators and some new 4.5'' coils you should be around 22-23'' front and 23-24 rear. Check out the submit your wj pics sticky and you should have a good idea of what your setup will look like. I guess you won't encounter as many rocky trails in Alabama that require lots of travel like here in Colorado, so the setup you are looking at should fit your needs well.
2003 WJ♦Inferno Red Limited(4.7 H.O., Vari-Lok axles)♦OME HD/BILLY 5100S♦IRO t-case skid, adj. tb, sway links♦Moog SS♦Factory tow package w/harness & tow hooks♦ Amp/12 sub box♦new bad b**ch passenger♦1993 XJ country♦lift/muds/winchbumper-sold♦build thread instead of long A$$ sig soon...
PowderHound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 10:58 AM   #21
wconkle
2004 WJ 

You are welcome to come take a look at mine if you need measurements or want to try the 4.7. I'm only on a 3" IRO and 32's, so it's not as tall as what you are looking at.

Wes
wconkle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 04:51 PM   #22
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowderHound View Post
Stock measures in at 18 front 19 rear HTF, or less usually because the rubber coil isolators smash down over time. Tire size isnt going to change HTF measurements, It will increase ride height and clearance, but not the hub to fender distance. With new isolators and some new 4.5'' coils you should be around 22-23'' front and 23-24 rear. Check out the submit your wj pics sticky and you should have a good idea of what your setup will look like. I guess you won't encounter as many rocky trails in Alabama that require lots of travel like here in Colorado, so the setup you are looking at should fit your needs well.
I feel so stupid now. : Just wasn't thinking this morning.

I've looked and I've seen maybe 2 people that have the Clayton 4.5" and 285's. I'm a bit frustrated at the fact no one could provide some measurements that I could use to find out the belly and bottom door sill height.

Someone around here has the Clayton lift and 285's and a really nice trim job. Probably exactly what I'm going to do so I'll have plenty of room. Can't seem to find his build thread right now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wconkle View Post
You are welcome to come take a look at mine if you need measurements or want to try the 4.7. I'm only on a 3" IRO and 32's, so it's not as tall as what you are looking at.

Wes
Thanks! Definitly would love to test drive that since it's very similar to the setup I want. Not sure when I'll start looking for one, but when I do I'll take you up on that offer.

-Jack

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.