Sunroof problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Sunroof problems

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 12-20-2011, 12:47 AM   #1
Doughboy8475
1999 WJ 

Sunroof problems

I have a 99 grand cherokee limited, the sunroof is in a bind and will not close all the way. Any suggestions or ideas to what I can do to try and get it to shut all the way? I can push up in the back of the sunroof to keep the wind from howling, so it seems like it will move.

Doughboy8475 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2011, 08:23 AM   #2
MudPit
2001 WJ 

Did you check for grease build up in the tracks? I've seen some that were never cleaned and it there was this semi-hardened mess of gunk that would prevent full operation.
Unread 12-20-2011, 09:54 AM   #3
BigRedKM

You have a broken anchor point. Drop the headliner and you can just pop it back in i think. Mine does the same thing. Haven't bothered to fix it
BigRedKM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2011, 04:30 PM   #4
BigRedKM

You have a broken anchor point. Drop the headliner and you can just pop it back in i think. Mine does the same thing. Haven't bothered to fix it
BigRedKM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2011, 06:05 PM   #5
Doughboy8475
1999 WJ 

How hard is it to drop the headliner?
Unread 12-20-2011, 06:49 PM   #6
Double E
2000 Laredo V8

2000 WJ 

Not fun or easy. All the handles have to come off, overhead console, visors, seatbelt top anchors, rear side trim pieces etc. Leave the console in place along with the rear top trim piece for last.

I got a new assembly and transferred all parts (glass, motor, etc.) to the new assembly in a day or so. I'll do a write up one day with my pics.
Changes & fixes: Rear Addco sway bar & greasble bushings, upgraded headlights, upgraded tail lights, new hood struts (replaced 2X), new rear hatchglass struts, new radiator (replaced 3X), new oil pressure sending unit (replaced 4X), 2 new speed sensors, 2 new door lock actuators, new ignition key cylinder, chrome front tow hooks, Mobil 1 Synthetic 5/30, Purolator Pure One oil filter, EBC slotted & dimpled rotors, EBC Greenstuff pads, new front shocks (replaced 3X), new rear shocks (replaced 2X), new IRO steering stabilizer, new timing chain cover, new water pump, thermostat, new thermostat housing, new high pressure power steering hose, Michelin-X radials, new sunroof assembly, new single-piece lug nuts, new exhaust manifold studs & gasket on driver's side, new Durango alternator. Jeepforum.com sticker, Visit cobaltboatsforum.com when you can!
Double E is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2011, 07:50 PM   #7
jefflacy
2002 WJ 

Can you get some pictures
jefflacy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2011, 08:22 PM   #8
Doughboy8475
1999 WJ 

Hey doublee, when you do that PM me plz, thanks bud
Unread 12-21-2011, 07:25 AM   #9
Double E
2000 Laredo V8

2000 WJ 

OK..I have a write up project now.
Changes & fixes: Rear Addco sway bar & greasble bushings, upgraded headlights, upgraded tail lights, new hood struts (replaced 2X), new rear hatchglass struts, new radiator (replaced 3X), new oil pressure sending unit (replaced 4X), 2 new speed sensors, 2 new door lock actuators, new ignition key cylinder, chrome front tow hooks, Mobil 1 Synthetic 5/30, Purolator Pure One oil filter, EBC slotted & dimpled rotors, EBC Greenstuff pads, new front shocks (replaced 3X), new rear shocks (replaced 2X), new IRO steering stabilizer, new timing chain cover, new water pump, thermostat, new thermostat housing, new high pressure power steering hose, Michelin-X radials, new sunroof assembly, new single-piece lug nuts, new exhaust manifold studs & gasket on driver's side, new Durango alternator. Jeepforum.com sticker, Visit cobaltboatsforum.com when you can!
Double E is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.