sunroof issue please help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > sunroof issue please help

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 03-20-2010, 06:27 PM   #1
WJ-matt
2004 WJ 

sunroof issue please help

ok so i have spent 90% of my day working on my sunroof. I have had to replace the track pieces, because one side had practically destroyed itself. Well here is my real issue, now that everything is put back together, i go to test it and now it wont close all the way it stops about 2 inches before it closes and slows down tremendously before it stops. Now when i take the glass out of the sunroof, and i operate the assy, everything works perfectly,no issues. It doesn't slow down, nothing. its only stops when the glass is in. Any won have any ideas i could truly use some help with this.

WJ-matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2010, 08:18 PM   #2
ZeeJay1997
1997 ZJ 

Did you adjust the glass height?
ZeeJay1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2010, 06:08 PM   #3
WJ-matt
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Did you adjust the glass height?
Yes i did try that. I actually was able to figure out my problem today after sleeping on it . I noticed that the whole track assy was shifter to far to the drivers side. So i took it all apart and repositioned it and now everything works a hell of a lot better. If it wasnt for you.... making me look at the glass height again i don't know if i would have ever noticed it, thank you.
WJ-matt is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.