Sunroof does not move. No noise - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Sunroof does not move. No noise

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-26-2013, 03:06 PM   #1
fknrdqs

Sunroof does not move. No noise

I bought a used WJ and knew that the sunroof did not work but wasn't really concerned about it. However, today I noticed that it is not fully closed so I want to get this fixed before we get some snow or rain.
When pushing the button to open or close it nothing happens, there is no movement and I do not hear a motor trying to move it. Unfortunately it doesn't seem I can just push it closed either.
I tried to look up where the fuse for it may be however I didn't have any luck. I did check every fuse under the steering wheel however and they all look good. I do not have the owners manual and if there was a plastic guard with fuse info below the steering wheel before the previous owner lost it.
Any help would be appreciated!

fknrdqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 04:13 PM   #2
car5car
2000 WJ 

All sunroofs can be closed manually, read manual.
To check motor check resistance wires in switch connector, You'll need diagram
Unread 10-26-2013, 04:58 PM   #3
fknrdqs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fknrdqs View Post
I do not have the owners manual
Thanks for your reply car5car. I'm glad to know that somehow I should be able to close it manually. I'll see if I can find a manual online or something and search for the diagram you mentioned. No luck so far so if anyone has it handy it would be much appreciated.
fknrdqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 05:22 PM   #4
car5car
2000 WJ 

Chrysler site has owners manuals
Unread 10-27-2013, 05:10 PM   #5
jeep725
2000 WJ 

http://www.wjjeeps.com/fuses.htm

It's fuse number 25. My '01 manual doesn't say anything about manually closing it other than holding the switch.

The Jeep website only has the manual for '04 but it is almost the same as my manual.
jeep725 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.