Stroker build - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Stroker build

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 11-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #61
bugaboots
2002 WJ 

A/C drain line maby?

Unread 11-01-2013, 10:19 AM   #62
WJ2000
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoxes View Post
I'm wondering about an outlet in the firewall on the passenger side. It's just above the starter and looks like a fitted connection for a hose. Not sure what that's for. I think all of the heater core lines are still connected at the firewall. Can't imagine what else it could be.
It's the drain tube for the AC/heater.
2000 WJ 4.0 NEW 4.6 stroker. W/ 4'' Tera Flex Long arm kit, KING 2.5s w/res front,2.5 Kings w/res Rear,Tom wood front drive, 33 x 15s KM2s, Bassett 15'x8 ,fully addjustible Tera flex Track bar, IRO 3link rear, EBC Dippled & sloted front disks, EBC green stuff pads, Iceland off road fender flairs''.
WJ2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2013, 07:07 AM   #63
Knoxes
2004 WJ 

It's running!

Had some delays due to having to relocate the workspace, but got everything reassembled and, with some other minor delays (poorly installed CPS), it lit right up. Throttle response and oil pressure are great. Revved it for break-in for about 20 minutes and then shut it down. I still need to reinstall the hood and fascia before I can actually take it out, but it's ready to roll.

It took me almost a year, but it's been a great experience.
Knoxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2013, 08:49 AM   #64
bugaboots
2002 WJ 

Dont feel bad, it took me about that long. Good to hear you got it running. You'll have to let us know if you can really feel the differance with the mini-stroker. I know that my 4.6 is a definate advantage over my dads stock 04' 4.0, especally in the lower end of the rpm range.

PICS!!!!!!
Unread 12-05-2013, 11:57 AM   #65
Knoxes
2004 WJ 

Yeah, the pics are kinda unimpressive because they look almost exactly like the pics from last January! In fact, it's kinda hard to tell which are which...

Here's the last one in the old shop.

I'll snap a few more, but it really doesn't look any different from this time last year!
Unread 12-09-2013, 07:15 AM   #66
Knoxes
2004 WJ 

Done!

It took a bit of work to get the hood aligned properly. That's a two person job. I didn't have the latch lined up right, so when you released the hood, it kinda torqued to one side rather than popping straight up. I couldn't have seen that from the driver's seat. Also worked on getting the hood/fender gaps just right.

We drove it around for about 20 miles and it ran brilliantly. Now I just need to get the a/c recharged and get it inspected.

At some point over this build, I swapped out the wheels and tires with my other WJ, which is a DD for Mrs K. I really don't like those Limited rims and the tires on there are crap, so I dumped them on the "project". So I've been shopping around for another set of Silverblades, but I really haven't found much. Eh, there's plenty of time, I guess.

Anywhoo....
Unread 12-12-2013, 12:18 PM   #67
bugaboots
2002 WJ 

So is there a notable differance in it with the new mini-stroker vs a stock 4.0?
Unread 12-12-2013, 03:06 PM   #68
Knoxes
2004 WJ 

It's too early to tell. I only put about 20 miles on it and never let it get above 3K rpms. I'll post back after the first oil change (500 miles).

In the meantime, I really want some option for those wheels. I guess those are chrome Rogues. I don't really like them and they're not in the best of shape. But if I could clean em up a bit and get the Rogue silver finish, I would. If anyone knows how to do that, I'd love to hear it.
Unread 01-03-2014, 06:47 AM   #69
Knoxes
2004 WJ 

It has about 800 miles on it now since the rebuild. I don't really notice a significant increase in power. It's definitely better (but not explosive) above 3K rpms, which is an odd place for this motor to make more power. I I did some timed runs - mostly 50-70 mph - before the rebuild and I haven't done those again yet. Those measures should tell me more. Also, it's still the stock TB and exhaust - both of those items could make this motor perform closer to my original expectations.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.