Steering wheel makes noise - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Steering wheel makes noise

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-21-2010, 06:56 PM   #1
VitalStang

Steering wheel makes noise

On my 02 Grand Cherokee when I turn to the left my steering wheel is starting to make a howling sound. I guess it's more of a groaning sound...
But it's only when turning left, it won't make it if I turn the wheel all the way to the right and then hard back to center. Just when centered and doing a hard turn to the right like when parking.
Anyone have any ideas?

VitalStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2010, 08:22 PM   #2
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

My Jeep is doing the same thing. I inspected it and found that my steering gear is leaking . I'm assuming that it's grinding as well. I'm going to get it inspected hopefully soon, but I've been just adding some power steering fluid here and there, when needed, and I'm not making any sharp left turns to avoid the noise/grinding.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.