Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Steering pump reservoir removal

975 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  79chiefs 
#1 ·
Hi JF,

I have my power steering pump is whining and making a bad noise while driving, although it is working great.

Anyhow, I went to the spare parts shop where I usually buy most of my stuff and he quoted me the power steering pump only around 230 dollar and the reservoir around 185 dollar and the pulley around 30 dollar (all are mopar), so I decided to buy the pump and the pulley as my tank and the hose both are excellent with no leaks, but the question is, does any body has photos and detailed write up of how to remove the old reservoir and mount it on the new pump?

Concerning the new pulley, I will ask specialized shop to press it on the new pump.

So please if any body can help by providing photos and detailed write up of how to remove the old reservoir and mount it on the new pump i will be grateful.

Thanks
Halim

#2 ·
pump

#3 ·
no body has done it before?!!!

#5 ·
power steering pump only around 230 dollar and the reservoir around 185 dollar
You might be the first person to do that... :dunno:

#6 ·
So will take the lead to tear up my PS reservoir

#7 ·
They all make noise, but you could try to rebuild it. They make kits.
One thing i found by accident is that Mercon V transmission fluid for fords has made mine SILENT.
I had a leak and when i replaced a line didn't have the fluid i thought i had and used that, i just never got around to change it out because it is so quiet.
(My leak was too small to make the noise, about a pint every two-3 weeks. It had always made the noise before, and all my other jeeps.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.