Steering damper mounting clamp - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Steering damper mounting clamp

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-25-2013, 08:27 AM   #1
Lysdexic
2002 WJ 

Steering damper mounting clamp

Anybody have any idea where I can find one of these? I'm sure it's just a question of googling the right term, and I'm not having any luck.

Unread 06-25-2013, 08:30 AM   #2
adavis39
2002 WJ 

i used a couple from a ZJ at the junk yard when I relocated my SS
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
adavis39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 08:35 AM   #3
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

I used spares off my old steering parts. The worst part is opening them up enough to slip them on then clamping them closed again if you go at it without taking things apart...

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 08:49 AM   #4
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHager View Post
I used spares off my old steering parts. The worst part is opening them up enough to slip them on then clamping them closed again if you go at it without taking things apart...
yep, i just used two open ended wrenches and pryed them apart
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
adavis39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 08:57 AM   #5
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Map gas and some slip-joint pliers. Oh... And a hammer.

On subject, OP, you may want to go poke around a junk yard. Another option is Iron Rock Offroad sells a kit for a dual steering stabilizer that would have the parts you want. While you don't need a dual setup, you could always use the new SS. A third option would be to call IRO and see if they'll ship you just the hardware...

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.