Is this squeek the ball joint or brakes? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Is this squeek the ball joint or brakes?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 02-20-2012, 08:16 PM   #1
OTownDaddy
2007 XK Commander 

Question Is this squeek the ball joint or brakes?

I'm attaching a video link, but listen - you might have to turn the sound up. Trust me, when you're in the Jeep it's a LOT louder than it sounds on the video. It sounds like it's coming from the left front.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gS5U...ature=youtu.be

Is this the brakes or a ball joint, or something else? Doesn't do it all the time - seems to be intermittent. Usually within the first 5-7 minutes of driving.

Also, I know I have a bad right side front caliper, as I pull to the left a little braking above 40 mph. Sometimes, when going slow, when I depress the brake, I get the same sounding squeek for 3/4 of a second. Gut tells me it's the brakes, just thought I'd see what the JF braintrust thinks too.

Any ideas?

Tags
brakes , jeep , squeek , wj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.