Hi Friends, I need your help!!
My Jeep (WJ - 2004)
I have a problem with the speedometer.
- start from 40 kph (24.8 mph).
- returns to 0 kph only when I remove the key contact.
- is a normal operation when accelerated, but as a starting point is 40 Kph.
- check both speed sensors in the transmission, disconnect both sensors, but the speedometer starting from 40 Kph !!
- perform the test board and runs correctly,ok.
- the ignition automatically give the marker is located in the 40 Kph
Please your help
Greetings from Chile
I can't help you but I love your wine.
Speedometer operation does not use the transmission speed sensors. Instead, the ABS controller uses wheel speed sensor signals to generate a vehicle speed signal. Unfortunately, I have no useful information on why the speedometer does not start at zero like it should.
Hi rm2001wj, Thanks!
I have an idea about this, a cable may be defective wheel, keep them informed
lazyWJ, of course chile wine is very good, especially in my town (Santa Cruz, Colchagua Valley)
Has the cluster been recently taken apart? My first thought was someone took the needle off the speedo and replaced it with the ignition off. The needle should be pressed on at 0 km/h with the ignition in the "on" position.
How often are you traveling below 25 mph that your speed must be known? It would bug me like crazy but you probably don't really need to fix it either.
Schlotsky I don't think that is it because at 10 mph actual speed his speedo would read ~35 mph if that were the case. It would be constantly off by the margin of ~25 mph. If I read his post correctly the needle is stationary up until ~25 mph and then accurate after that.
EDIT: Just read the OP again, Schlotsky may be right. English as a second language confused me.
|The time now is 05:18 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.