Sneak peak... pic of Bushwacker's NEW cut-out fender flares!! - Page 60 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Sneak peak... pic of Bushwacker's NEW cut-out fender flares!!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 04-05-2013, 04:13 PM   #886
Kolak
Vendor

Did you order a single complete set or did you order a set of fronts and set of rears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance-tek View Post
I found out today that my flares don't even exist yet...

I called 4WD because I ordered over two weeks ago and I hadn't seen my order be delivered yet. After putting me on hold they came back and told me that as a company they don't have any shelf stock, Bushwacker doesn't have any stock and that it will be another week before Bushwacker gets them produced to ship them out to me. So, with any luch I will get them on April 19th. I was hoping to put them on this weekend or at least get everything marked and start cutting. I guess I'll have some free time on my hands

kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com
Kolak is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2013, 06:44 PM   #887
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

Im taking bids, who has them for less?
PhantomWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2013, 08:27 PM   #888
mustangwarrior
2001 WJ 

Quote:
I found out today that my flares don't even exist yet...

I called 4WD because I ordered over two weeks ago and I hadn't seen my order be delivered yet. After putting me on hold they came back and told me that as a company they don't have any shelf stock, Bushwacker doesn't have any stock and that it will be another week before Bushwacker gets them produced to ship them out to me. So, with any luch I will get them on April 19th. I was hoping to put them on this weekend or at least get everything marked and start cutting. I guess I'll have some free time on my hands
i'll be calling 4wd on monday to see what info they have, my order is processed and i was charged, so according to their policy, both of those mean it has shipped, and i live 45 mins from there main warehouse, a little bit more of a bummer

also the pending amount dropped the next morning
Unread 04-05-2013, 09:57 PM   #889
lance-tek
2001 WJ 

I ordered fronts and rears as it was much less that way... I was charged on the 22nd....
Unread 04-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #890
mustangwarrior
2001 WJ 

ok i just spent a good 20-25 minutes on hold with 4wd while they called Bushwacker, no answer on their end, but what i did find out is that alot of vendors will charge 4wd up front, which means that 4wd will charge you, so just because you have been charged, even though their policy states it, it does not mean your order has shipped, so probably looking at another 4 weeks for me if the original 6-8 weeks i was told holds up, which is ok because i've got another 5 weeks till this semester is over and i don't really have anytime right now to get them on anyway
Unread 04-08-2013, 08:04 PM   #891
texlurch
2002 WJ 

Got mine installed. Still not happy with the way they fit the stock bumper.
Guess I'll have to build a bumper down the road.
Definately going to paint the bumpers and cladding to match once it warms up again.
img_1016.jpg   img_1017.jpg   img_1018.jpg  
Colorado Jeep Club Member #383
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2013, 09:06 PM   #892
mustangwarrior
2001 WJ 

looks good dude! the bumper thing is pretty goofy, not sure what i'm gonna do with mine yet, and by the looks of your cladding, think i'll be painting mine as well
Unread 04-08-2013, 09:24 PM   #893
lance-tek
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
Got mine installed. Still not happy with the way they fit the stock bumper.
Guess I'll have to build a bumper down the road.
Definately going to paint the bumpers and cladding to match once it warms up again.
Remove the bolt (10mm) on the fender well for the bumper and pull the bumper cover out a little. It'll move with ease... you can easily make a bracket to hold it out if you like it...
Unread 04-08-2013, 09:36 PM   #894
TheSiltSurfer
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance-tek

Remove the bolt (10mm) on the fender well for the bumper and pull the bumper cover out a little. It'll move with ease... you can easily make a bracket to hold it out if you like it...
X2 that's what I've been thinking No Brainer there
Unread 04-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #895
texlurch
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Tried that; even snipped the corner where the plastic tab holds it forward of that bolt.
Doesn't look right at all, and the inner fender is flapping in the breeze without moving it as well.
If I decide to Baja the bumper it might go a little better, but for now it is what it is.
Unread 04-10-2013, 11:06 AM   #896
Umbrella
2006 XK Commander 

It's a pity that they're TPO, if they were ABS I could put up a couple molds and form pieces that attached to the bumper cover.

If anyone has these and happens to live in mid-Michigan, let me know.

I'd love to get measurements and molds of some installed and see what I can come up with as a "completion cap" solution for stock bumpers.

I should be able to match the color and texture with ABS haircell, they just won't be as flexible.

On a part that small, though, it might not be a factor.

“If a little is great, and a lot is better, then way too much is just about right!” Mae West
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2013, 12:13 PM   #897
lance-tek
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Tried that; even snipped the corner where the plastic tab holds it forward of that bolt.
Doesn't look right at all, and the inner fender is flapping in the breeze without moving it as well.
If I decide to Baja the bumper it might go a little better, but for now it is what it is.
If you have your bumper cover on still you probably can't see it but there's a small hole (about 3/8") in the steel just in front of the wheel well. I drilled a hole in the wheel well liner and pulled the liner forward and then ran a zip-tie through both holes to keep it in place. It works great for securing it.

Of course, I pulled my bumper cover off completely. Unfortunately, I am still waiting on my flares to arrive (4WD tells me it will be about another week yet). I wish I had a paper template at least so I could start trimming the wheel wells now :-/

-lance
Unread 04-10-2013, 12:21 PM   #898
lance-tek
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolak View Post
Did you order a single complete set or did you order a set of fronts and set of rears?
Is there any difference in what you get when you order fronts & rears seperate as opposed to a single complete set? As a vendor, you might know a little more about this...

Thanks,

-lance
Unread 04-10-2013, 12:48 PM   #899
texlurch
2002 WJ 

Quote:
If you have your bumper cover on still you probably can't see it but there's a small hole (about 3/8") in the steel just in front of the wheel well. I drilled a hole in the wheel well liner and pulled the liner forward and then ran a zip-tie through both holes to keep it in place. It works great for securing it.

Of course, I pulled my bumper cover off completely. Unfortunately, I am still waiting on my flares to arrive (4WD tells me it will be about another week yet). I wish I had a paper template at least so I could start trimming the wheel wells now :-/

-lance
You can go on Bushwackers website and download the instructions. Has all the info you need to cut.
Unread 04-10-2013, 01:00 PM   #900
lance-tek
2001 WJ 

Quote:
You can go on Bushwackers website and download the instructions. Has all the info you need to cut.
going now... THANKS!!! Don't know why I never even thought to look

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.