Sneak peak... pic of Bushwacker's NEW cut-out fender flares!! - Page 59 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Sneak peak... pic of Bushwacker's NEW cut-out fender flares!!

WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation PackagesRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Steinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 03-25-2013, 08:41 PM   #871
mustangwarrior
2001 WJ 

well this sucks, first it took me 6 weeks to get my wheels that were backordered and had to be powder coated, then another two weeks to get my center cap fiasco figured out, now this, and to top it all off, the warehouse that they "should" be shipped from is seriously 40 min from my house, why am i getting the shaft again lol gonna have to make a phone call in the morning and figure this out

Unread 03-26-2013, 10:07 AM   #872
mustangwarrior
2001 WJ 

Well the sales rep that called me wasnt in today but the best answer i could get for now is that they are backordered from bushwacker thats why it will take additional time
Unread 03-26-2013, 10:22 AM   #873
lance-tek
JeepForum Junkie Supreme!

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRobes View Post
I got mine for the discounted price and they shipped directly from 4wd.com as well
how long was your shipping time? I only ordered last week but they billed me Saturday so, I am hoping to see them arriving yet this week... I am looking forward to covering my rust spot and seeing these against my black paint

What WJ parts do you want from the JY? Send me a PM and I will let you know what's in stock
lance-tek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 11:10 AM   #874
JRobes
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance-tek View Post
how long was your shipping time? I only ordered last week but they billed me Saturday so, I am hoping to see them arriving yet this week... I am looking forward to covering my rust spot and seeing these against my black paint
I ordered them on 3/17 and got them delivered yesterday. I have a dent in my front right fender and these are going to cover it very well too I did notice that I might have to trim the flares a little to keep my overland sliders, or remove them (they are rusting through anyways) and order some JCR Stage 3's
Pearl Black 2004 Overland - OME HD springs, Bilstein 5100 shocks, JKS Quick Disco's, JKS Track Bar, IRO Rear Sway Bar Links, Moog TRE's, K&N filter, Audio Aux Input, 10th Anniv. 2013 Rubi Rims, 32.1" BFG KM's, removable rear seat mod
JRobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 11:55 AM   #875
lance-tek

2001 WJ 

Quote:
I ordered them on 3/17 and got them delivered yesterday. I have a dent in my front right fender and these are going to cover it very well too I did notice that I might have to trim the flares a little to keep my overland sliders, or remove them (they are rusting through anyways) and order some JCR Stage 3's
OK, I ordered a few days after that so, if I am lucky they arrive this week :crossXfingers:

When do you think you'll get them on? I/we want to see pics :-p

What WJ parts do you want from the JY? Send me a PM and I will let you know what's in stock
Unread 03-26-2013, 12:20 PM   #876
JRobes
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance-tek View Post
When do you think you'll get them on? I/we want to see pics :-p
It might be a while for me yet. I'm still VERY patiently waiting (going on a month) for my OME rear springs which have been on back-order for a while and once I get those i'll be lifting mine. I then want to see what kind of clearance I have and whether or not I'll be able to fit 33" tires with the flares installed.

I'm thinking of going with a 33" AT tire, a new set of rims with 4.5" backspacing, and the OME/Bilstein lift. Do any of you guys see any issues with this? I'd like to have the wheels/tires be matched up with the outer sides of of the flares once everything is said and done. Any advice is welcome
Pearl Black 2004 Overland - OME HD springs, Bilstein 5100 shocks, JKS Quick Disco's, JKS Track Bar, IRO Rear Sway Bar Links, Moog TRE's, K&N filter, Audio Aux Input, 10th Anniv. 2013 Rubi Rims, 32.1" BFG KM's, removable rear seat mod
JRobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 12:30 PM   #877
ATrueRyno
2000 WJ 

photo removed I wanted to peek!
Unread 03-26-2013, 02:52 PM   #878
mustangwarrior
2001 WJ 

Quote:
It might be a while for me yet. I'm still VERY patiently waiting (going on a month) for my OME rear springs which have been on back-order for a while and once I get those i'll be lifting mine. I then want to see what kind of clearance I have and whether or not I'll be able to fit 33" tires with the flares installed.

I'm thinking of going with a 33" AT tire, a new set of rims with 4.5" backspacing, and the OME/Bilstein lift. Do any of you guys see any issues with this? I'd like to have the wheels/tires be matched up with the outer sides of of the flares once everything is said and done. Any advice is welcome
assuming your ome springs will give you around 3" of lift, 33's will be tight, even with cutouts, they will fit but probably won't flex well because the flares only cut the front and back of the fender not the top
Unread 03-27-2013, 06:13 AM   #879
lance-tek

2001 WJ 

Quote:

I'm running 255/70/17s (31.4) right now on 3" lift and it's about at the limit. I'm putting on the flares and going from there. I might have to pull my 3" and go to 5+ in order to add anything larger.

Unread 03-27-2013, 07:49 PM   #880
mustangwarrior
2001 WJ 

Anyone have an additional pending amount when they shipped?

My card was charged by 4wd which would mean it shipped, but now i have a second pending amount for another $400, still havent gotten ahold of the sales guy yet so making another call tomorrow to get an answer from someone
Unread 03-27-2013, 08:28 PM   #881
lance-tek

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangwarrior View Post
Anyone have an additional pending amount when they shipped?

My card was charged by 4wd which would mean it shipped, but now i have a second pending amount for another $400, still havent gotten ahold of the sales guy yet so making another call tomorrow to get an answer from someone
Just the original charge on my account. If you have two for the exact amount, some companies & banks will put a hold on the money (CC or Debit either way) and then when the actual charge happens/is approved they make a new transaction and the original "hold" goes away and the funds are released. Gas stations usually do this too but only for small amounts like $1.00 just to make sure the card is valid.

I travel a lot for my job and run into people who have horror stories about accounts getting messed up because of things like this.

Unread 03-27-2013, 08:55 PM   #882
mustangwarrior
2001 WJ 

I'll give it a couple of days to see what happens, but still calling tomorrow to see whats up with my order anyway, odd thing is, the pending amount is the exact amount for my order and the charged amount is $2 less, i'm not sure why i've been having some much trouble with sites lately ordering online
Unread 04-02-2013, 10:02 AM   #883
lance-tek

2001 WJ 

I'm kinda bummed that mine haven't made it to me yet. I live only 6 hours from the WH where they shipped but after 9 days... still no flares

Hopefully soon they'll arrive...

Unread 04-05-2013, 09:38 AM   #884
lance-tek

2001 WJ 

I found out today that my flares don't even exist yet...

I called 4WD because I ordered over two weeks ago and I hadn't seen my order be delivered yet. After putting me on hold they came back and told me that as a company they don't have any shelf stock, Bushwacker doesn't have any stock and that it will be another week before Bushwacker gets them produced to ship them out to me. So, with any luch I will get them on April 19th. I was hoping to put them on this weekend or at least get everything marked and start cutting. I guess I'll have some free time on my hands

Unread 04-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #885
Quadratec
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate
2007 JK Wrangler 

Down to my last 4 sets...
We will match a competitors delivered price (please provide any links and/or coupon codes)

We Price Match, PM me for a quote

Online Hours: 9am-5pm EST Monday - Friday

Jeep Parts | Jeep Wheels | Jeep Tires | Jeep Lift Kits | Jeep Bumpers | Jeep Soft Tops
Quadratec is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.