Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Smoke coming from dash. RHD 2000 WJ

401 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Aquanaughtwj 
#1 ·
Hi, Hope someone here can give me a little help please. I recently started my WJ after it had sat unused for a couple of months. I turned on the front 'screen defroster blower, but the motor did not work. About ten seconds later whilst I was thinking what could have gone wrong, I noticed smoke coming out of the top of the dash (right hand side). I immediately turned the ignition off to avoid a possible fire.

I'm hoping that somebody may recognise what happened and give me guidance on what started smoking - and an easy fix! I have not yet tried to remove the dash (and don't wish to if I can help it!), but obviously, I cannot start the WJ again without risking a (potentially) serious fire and damage to other components. Nor can I drive it anyway without the blower motor working :frown2:

Thanks in anticipation!

#4 ·
Are you certain it's smoke and not steam? I had what looked like smoke scare the piss out of me only to discover it was coolant. My temporary fix was to isolate the heater core from the cooling system. Hope it's a simple fix. Troubleshoot it and get back to us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.