Sill Cover Molding Removal - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Sill Cover Molding Removal

Rugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped OSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Building a Bumper?

Unread 05-07-2013, 10:55 AM   #1
doityourselfMM

1999 WJ 

Sill Cover Molding Removal

On a 99 WJ Laredo, is there an easy way to remove the Grey Plastic Sill Cover Molding? It is the piece that runs beneath the doors, from wheel well to wheel well. Attached with 9 plastic clips and two screws per side.

I hate to give it a hard yank, if there is an easier way.

doityourselfMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #2
its-me-B
2002 WJ 

yank it or work a flat head under and pry up...
Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #396
its-me-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 12:57 PM   #3
doityourselfMM

1999 WJ 

Thanks. The yanking method worked. Already had the new clips on hand. The old ones self destructed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by its-me-B View Post
yank it or work a flat head under and pry up...
doityourselfMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #4
its-me-B
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by doityourselfMM View Post
Thanks. The yanking method worked. Already had the new clips on hand. The old ones self destructed.
it happens, my passengers can't seem to lift up their feet when getting in or out so mine pop off a couple times a week and one clip thought it was better to just stay in place instead of coming off like the others.
Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #396
its-me-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 06:10 PM   #5
Cirruslydakota
1999 WJ 

I pulled mine off for the rock rail install. They weren't too packed with mud and lucky for me my rockers had no rust at all. The only thing they're good for is trapping dirt and rusting out your rockers so I'd trash them.

Sent from inside my 4.0.
Cirruslydakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 07:26 AM   #6
Bluerod72
2003 WJ 

I've got an 03 grand Cherokee. Is the lower side moldings taped on or clipped on? Would like to remove and possible paint em
Bluerod72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 07:42 AM   #7
dlundblad
2003 WJ 

I believe the molding has 2 screws at each end plus the rectangular clips. Mine were ruined when I took them off. Teamgrandcherokee.com has them. Do a google search I'm their part number and you'll find them cheaper elsewhere.
Plus a few other junkyard goodies...
dlundblad is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.