Should i take off my front bumper? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Should i take off my front bumper?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 06-08-2014, 06:34 PM   #16
lacofdfireman

Quote:
Originally Posted by polygamists View Post

Headed to moab tomorrow to take my first WJ on an expedition!
So how did you end up doing on your Moab trip? What trails did you do? How did the Cherokee perform?

We were there at the same time. We ended up renting JK Rubicon's and did 7mile and Hells Revenge in the Pouring rain.. Great time.

Now I can't decide if I want to build up my Cherokee and sell it an buy a JK Rubicon.. Decisions, decisions. I'd like to know how your Cherokee did though and what trails. Post up some pics if you have any also..

lacofdfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2014, 07:48 PM   #17
fast540
1999 WJ 

It's a grand cherokee and I'll put mine up against any jku of equal tune any time
fast540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2014, 07:55 PM   #18
lacofdfireman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast540 View Post
It's a grand cherokee and I'll put mine up against any jku of equal tune any time
Photo's please... And tell me how you have yours built. I'd love to see it.. I'm not saying the WJ's are not capable but I never saw even 1 in the rocks over Memorial Day in Moab. That's why I'm curious to see how they do and how much money I will need to throw at my 03 WJ 4.0 with Quadra Trac II to make it run good in Moab and still be used as a daily driver. I will say that as far as comfort the JKU was nowhere near as comfy as my WJ..
lacofdfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2014, 11:55 PM   #19
bradywgn71
2002 WJ 

Grand Slam West 2014 There'll be a few there in Moab next weekend. I'd like to be there, but unfortunately I can't attend.
Unread 06-09-2014, 08:36 AM   #20
polygamists
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacofdfireman View Post
So how did you end up doing on your Moab trip? What trails did you do? How did the Cherokee perform?

We were there at the same time. We ended up renting JK Rubicon's and did 7mile and Hells Revenge in the Pouring rain.. Great time.

Now I can't decide if I want to build up my Cherokee and sell it an buy a JK Rubicon.. Decisions, decisions. I'd like to know how your Cherokee did though and what trails. Post up some pics if you have any also..
So basically this thing is stock, other then a BB spacer lift I put on the thing.
stock tire size, stock springs, stock diff, everything.

I'm actually quite impressed on how well a stock WJ does.

We did a nice easy one at first to get a feeling for the new rig, so we wend up Gemini bridges and down long canyon.

We decided to do 7 Mile the next day. It took me a second to get used to the fact the axles are almost a foot wider then my CJ so my tire placement was off. but this thing did fantastic and removing the bumper provided much better approach angles, I did not scrape front or rear (different story with my cat and center dif.)

Any solid axle jeep you buy and build would likely climb anything you point it at. some are easier then others but I will say there are several people in our group with JK's and they are amazing. But they do seem to be problematic unless you dump $10,000.00 for modifications on top of an already $20,000.00 plus jeep.

My .02 is keep your WJ and build it proper, WJ's have the advantage over a JK as they are far more basic and much easier to work on, especially if you have the 4.0. It all comes down to preference really. If I did not have a little guy I would never have gone away from my CJ or Scrambler. But that is just me and I have a thing for plunking around in my old CJ's.
polygamists is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.