Should I recharge A/C with Freon? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 27 Old 03-25-2012, 07:24 PM
Sohcvtec1995
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Orlando
Posts: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky2252s View Post
The pianoman is a very helpfull person of this forum. Very knowledgeable.

I think you should go back to your civic. Why would you have "vtec" in your name on a jeep forum? Vtec civics sound like lawn mowers any how. Nothing to be proud of...
Cause vtec is only available in hondas right? maybe you should learn what vtec is and how its applied.Its a user name that means nothing to what i drive. And i can understand that you dont like hondas with the reliability, mpg, resell value, after market support, along with other things, but this is not the thread to debate that.. Grow up and go back in the kitchen with a name like that.

I didnt say he wasnt helpful, but not everyone on the internet is knowledgeable to a/c systems. so get off his nuts.

Sohcvtec1995 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 27 Old 03-25-2012, 09:21 PM
pinky2252s
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Commerce City
Posts: 1,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohcvtec1995

Cause vtec is only available in hondas right? maybe you should learn what vtec is and how its applied.Its a user name that means nothing to what i drive. And i can understand that you dont like hondas with the reliability, mpg, resell value, after market support, along with other things, but this is not the thread to debate that.. Grow up and go back in the kitchen with a name like that.

I didnt say he wasnt helpful, but not everyone on the internet is knowledgeable to a/c systems. so get off his nuts.
I think you need grow up. He didnt copy you. Or just copy and paste off of google. For you to accuse him, just because he put more information than you, is stupid. Just because you got one upped doesnt mean you have to cry about it.


Oh sorry. Vtec is available in Hondas AND Acuras. Prolly lawn mowers too.

Is it broken?

Colorado Jeep Club Member #2252
2001 Laredo, 2004 Special Edition
pinky2252s is offline  
post #18 of 27 Old 03-25-2012, 09:41 PM
Sohcvtec1995
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Orlando
Posts: 998
yup your right as well as bmw but those are garbage, and those lame ricer hemi's.
And i didn't get one upped, seeing that all i said was he said the same thing i said but in more detail. and to say that if its low on Refrigerant that it needs a complete evac, vac, and recharge is stupid. the oil would be contaminated if the compressor were to burn out, or a foreign chemical was introduced into the system. By his theory every time someone puts gauges on the system and is not using a low loss fitting the pressure loss would then require a complete system flush, vac and recharge to properly top it off. I do a/c for a living. i know how things work and what causes what to happen. Your the one who jumped on to me and now i need to grow up? maybe you should learn something other then what you read on the internet.

People don't usually understand how things work so you make it simple for them, and its just easier to understand.

You can safely add refrigerant to the system if its low. Why? because the system is under pressure thus pushing outwards, not allowing anything to enter the system, even with the system off. If the system gets low and pulls itself into a vac then you are sucking in air, which has moisture, which will form ice, as well as contaminate the oil which will create acid, which will then burn the compressor. Now this can also happen if the system goes dry and there is no vac, nor pressure, its basically a open hole. No matter the size air can get into the line.

But what do i know im just a honda guy on the wrong forum cause of my user name.
Sohcvtec1995 is offline  
 
post #19 of 27 Old 03-25-2012, 09:54 PM
MeanGreenZJ
Web Wheeler
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mean Street in a desperate part of town
Posts: 1,710



Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohcvtec1995 View Post
yup your right as well as bmw but those are garbage, and those lame ricer hemi's.
And i didn't get one upped, seeing that all i said was he said the same thing i said but in more detail. and to say that if its low on Refrigerant that it needs a complete evac, vac, and recharge is stupid. the oil would be contaminated if the compressor were to burn out, or a foreign chemical was introduced into the system. By his theory every time someone puts gauges on the system and is not using a low loss fitting the pressure loss would then require a complete system flush, vac and recharge to properly top it off. I do a/c for a living. i know how things work and what causes what to happen. Your the one who jumped on to me and now i need to grow up? maybe you should learn something other then what you read on the internet.

People don't usually understand how things work so you make it simple for them, and its just easier to understand.

You can safely add refrigerant to the system if its low. Why? because the system is under pressure thus pushing outwards, not allowing anything to enter the system, even with the system off. If the system gets low and pulls itself into a vac then you are sucking in air, which has moisture, which will form ice, as well as contaminate the oil which will create acid, which will then burn the compressor. Now this can also happen if the system goes dry and there is no vac, nor pressure, its basically a open hole. No matter the size air can get into the line.

But what do i know im just a honda guy on the wrong forum cause of my user name.
MeanGreenZJ is offline  
post #20 of 27 Old 03-25-2012, 10:06 PM
Sohcvtec1995
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Orlando
Posts: 998
So giving information is now trolling? thats interesting. I guess every thread on here with a answer to it is just a bunch of trolling.
Sohcvtec1995 is offline  
post #21 of 27 Old 03-25-2012, 10:32 PM
MeanGreenZJ
Web Wheeler
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mean Street in a desperate part of town
Posts: 1,710
This forum just like any other has it's noob trolls and you're feeding them. So


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohcvtec1995 View Post
So giving information is now trolling? thats interesting. I guess every thread on here with a answer to it is just a bunch of trolling.
MeanGreenZJ is offline  
post #22 of 27 Old 03-25-2012, 10:44 PM
Sohcvtec1995
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Orlando
Posts: 998
im a noob? i joined around the same time you did.

So im understanding correctly you give to little of info the you get called out, to much info and your a troll..
Sohcvtec1995 is offline  
post #23 of 27 Old 03-25-2012, 10:46 PM
pinky2252s
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Commerce City
Posts: 1,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanGreenZJ
This forum just like any other has it's noob trolls and you're feeding them. So
You really think you know it all don't you?

Is it broken?

Colorado Jeep Club Member #2252
2001 Laredo, 2004 Special Edition
pinky2252s is offline  
post #24 of 27 Old 03-25-2012, 10:48 PM
Sohcvtec1995
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Orlando
Posts: 998
I am assuming that was suppose to be for me. I never said i knew it all, i put my input in on a thread that was created asking a question, i answered the question, and got attacked by you, and the other guy.
Sohcvtec1995 is offline  
post #25 of 27 Old 03-25-2012, 11:08 PM
Cirruslydakota
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Towson
Posts: 2,135
Let it go guys, this forum is supposed to be informative. If you have issues with one another take it up in private messages to one another.

For the OP, There is no SUPER accurate way to determine charge status of your system without the proper equiptment (recovery machine). However there is a way using gauges, a multimeter with thermocouple, and a temperature probe to determine within a range of whats in there and how well the system is operating explained very well in the FSM. With that said if you suspect you may have a leak then get it checked out by a professional shop that has the proper equipment. Like the cooling system, do not put anything labeled "stop leak" in your system, youre only asking for trouble. If you have a leak have them evacuate the entire system, fix the problem and have it charged back up with the correct oil and R-134.

If youre comfortable with working with the system its not to difficult, however anytime the system is exposed to the atmosphere or has been compromised then it needs to be vacuumed to remove any trace of moisture. Depending on where you live you can rent a pump or you may have to take it to a shop depending on your state laws. Dupont R-134 is available at some stores and is easily the best you can use since they made it and a good oil. To refill the system youll need a scale, a good set of gauges (Not from Harbor Freight, theyre crap.) a digital multimeter that does temperature, and a clothes pin to pin the thermocouple to the line for taking readings. The FSM explains this in great detail to get the most accurate measurements without the aid of a recovery machine. If you have any doubts about what you're doing take it to a shop.

Thorne - 02 WJ Overland
Bear - 99 WJ Laredo
Apollo - 08 Mazdaspeed3
Valentine - 99 XJ Limited
Cirruslydakota is offline  
post #26 of 27 Old 03-25-2012, 11:22 PM
MeanGreenZJ
Web Wheeler
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mean Street in a desperate part of town
Posts: 1,710
Yes, I do.


Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky2252s View Post
You really think you know it all don't you?
MeanGreenZJ is offline  
post #27 of 27 Old 03-28-2012, 06:36 AM Thread Starter
dcc171
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 37
All...thanks for the responses and insight.
dcc171 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
AC Recharge Question J33pMe WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 28 05-24-2013 03:53 PM
AC Stop Leak Recharge Kit Madmike4790 WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 9 08-30-2011 09:11 AM
A/C Recharge Valve.... steveridesli WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 13 07-24-2011 09:12 PM
Air Conditioner Recharge Recommend? HondaPeople WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 21 07-04-2011 09:55 AM
Freon or trouble? cor-32 WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 19 05-31-2011 08:36 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome