Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Should I get a WJ?

999 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Hank 
#1 ·
Hi - I don't own a Jeep yet but am seriously considering purchase of a '02 Black/Taupe JGC V8 -(not-High Output, though) with 28K package. Currently I'm puttin' around in a BMW Z3 but now want something more useable - like to go skiing with!

Anywaz - I have a coupla questions maybe you all can help me with:

1. Are there any major concerns I should be aware of with this car. I know reliability isn't the JGC strong-suit but I'll probably drive 6k miles/year (second car)

2. Is the black paint durable?

3. What type of low-beam headlights does WJ take?

4. When is a body revision scheduled to occur on WJ?

Thanks!
Marcus

#2 ·
1. Not really, they're good vehicles and aren't going to die any earlier than something else. The new ones have some 100,000 mile powertrain pledge too if that helps. If you're only driving 6 thou. a year it will last you a very long time.

2. The black should be just fine as durability is concerned. I've never heard of any complaints. You have probably considered that it is hard to keep it clean, but when it is clean it's definitely worth it cause they look sweet.

3. Not sure what they are.

4. Like any other car it should be fine for a long long time as long as you maintain it which if you're spending that much money I'm sure you will.

If you buy it you'll be happy with it as they are great vehicles. I'm sure you'll also like the V-8 which I'm assuming you've already test driven. It would also be good for the snow which you talkwd about if you're going skiing. Good look and post if you buy it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.