She did it!!! I'm so proud! - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 08-23-2017, 01:18 AM Thread Starter
halofreaks

Garage
Thumbs up She did it!!! I'm so proud!

I took my WJ all the way up from Phoenix to Dewey-Humboldt and back and she made the trip perfectly! A good 97 mile trip one way. Lots of hilly areas to climb and glide down not to mention the +100F weather. Its been a ride trying to fix this thing and I was sure something would explode on it. But I've put a lot of work into it including:

New O₂ Sensors
Full LED Interior Lighting (You can see everything so clearly! Especially in the cargo bay!)
New LED High and Low Beams
New 'Projector' Fog lights and LED Halo Daytime Running Lights
Regrounded the entire engine
New passenger side front CV axle
Rewired the driver's side front door (nearly half the wires were broken)
New window regulators in passenger front and driver's rear.

And I'm sure I'm forgetting things...

I'm just so happy it's driving so well.... I love it. Next up I'm going to get a lift kit (maybe 1.5-3 inches) side rails, a rear bumper mounted cargo and tire holder thing :P and a Modular Front Bumper. or Brush Guard.

We are everywhere.
We are the Three Percent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-23-2017, 06:29 AM
Speedbeagle

Garage
I just got my first WJ this last spring and despite having to fix a ton of stuff too including two weeks straight of rocker rust repair I love it. Mileage could be better but that's not what I bought it for. Just wish I still lived in the country so I could get out to the trails and play.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-23-2017, 07:37 AM
Jeeples

2000 WJ 

The first long trip is always a little nerve wracking.

I remember taking my '00 Limited out to Yellowstone for a week a few months after I had bought it. I ended up doing the heater core, A/C blend doors, full tune up (O2 sensors, spark plugs, etc.), and brakes before hitting the road.

About half way between SLC and Yellowstone I noticed that the rear output seal on the transfercase was leaking considerably and ended up swapping it out in the Napa parking lot in Idaho Falls.

Other than that the trip was uneventful and I've put almost 20K more miles on my $900 WJ since then.

His: '00 WJ 4.7 Limited- Some stuff

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 Laredo- Some more stuff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjjeep19 View Post
It is what Jeeples has *PARTIALLY* stated.

post #4 of 5 Old 08-23-2017, 12:45 PM
UncleWoody

Glad to hear. I live in Dewey (a few miles further up the road) and have made the same trip in my 03 WJ with 165K several times to Mesa. I bought my WJ locally at the beginning of this year and her shakedown trip was to LA this past May. Since I have no PO history I need to do all the maintenance items in the next month. Thereafter I will do a RC long arm lift with 4.5in Clayton springs.

Let the fun begin!!
post #5 of 5 Old 08-23-2017, 01:46 PM
97Mule
2002 WJ 

Garage
Just got back from a 4000+ mile, 18 day trip out west. Las vegas was hot (108+). drove all over utah,wy and left it in boise, idaho. Going back out end of sept for two more wks. Ran like i champ!!!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2175.jpg  

WHAT'S THE WORSE THAT CAN HAPPEN?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.